1. Rahul Kumar Shaw
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 20 August 2017 21:16 PM UTC

Hi,

I modified the datawindow export format to 'PDF' and Method to 'NatvePDF' , saved it and then closed the datawindow. When I opened it I found that it reverts back to XML. Please suggest.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 August 2017 13:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Rahul;

I actually also reported this during beta testing and was informed by Engineering that this is the default reporting state that PB 12.6 returns you to also in the DWO Painter. The actual NativePDF! setting is adhered to internally within the DWO source code.

The key to check is the DWO Source code itself. If the DW is using XLSFO! is till have the following statement ...

export.pdf(method=1 distill.custompostscript="0" xslfop.print="0" nativepdf.customsize=2 nativepdf.customorientation=2 )

If the DWO is using GhostScript (aka Distill!) then the export statement will be ...

export.pdf(method=0 distill.custompostscript="0" xslfop.print="0" nativepdf.customsize=2 nativepdf.customorientation=2 )

If you have chosen the NativePDF! option for data expport, then the export statement will be ...

export.pdf(method=2 distill.custompostscript="0" xslfop.print="0" nativepdf.customsize=2 nativepdf.customorientation=2 )

So the key thing to look for in the DWO source code is the "Method=n" setting. This is what really determines the actual type of export method in effect. You can see this in the DW Painter when you return to the PDF property setting. However, the default for the DW Painter is to show you the XML property setting upon return - which makes it confusing when you close & the re-open the DW Painter.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Monday, 21 August 2017 15:58 PM UTC
Are they going to change it? I would think it should show what is selected in the source.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 August 2017 08:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

PB 2017 behaves the same as that in previous PBs, such as PB 11. 5 and PB 12.6, that it could not be saved in a format other than xml.

You may try to export to PDF using the NativePDF method as follows:

[Data Window]

NativePDF_Valid=1

Please refer to the local help Application Techniques > Deployment Techniques > Deploying Applications and Components > PDF and XLS-FO export > Using the PDFlib generator for details.

Regards,

Mark Lee

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.