Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I was looking through the product manuals library for Appeon and hoping to find a document with some of your I expect hard-learned lessons on best practices for Appeon Web apps with lots of users, but didn't find anything. (I expect to have thous...
Hi, I am trying to call a web service from a shared object in my PowerBuilder application. It seems that the shared object cannot find the web service proxy dll, I get error message "Error calling method of a PBNI object" when calling the proxy. W...
Helow ?How do i change the frame menu's font size headers ( not the drop down  menu itmes )  the drop down font size is controlled by the menu painter   thanks       ...
Hello, I have followed Bruce Armstrong's detailed steps to configure GitHub as my version control with PB 12.5.2.  I just had a few questions which I posted on my forum here - http://pbgeeks.com/forums/topic/powerbuilder-github/ 1. How c...
HI - our PB 12.6 app is currently running on SQL Anywhere V16 and we are considering a move to PostGresql or MariaDB for the future with PB2017 Can anyone comment on usability and stability of PB2017 with MariaDB or PostgreSQL? ...
I see on the website that PB 2017 isn't shown to work on Windows XP. I just tried installing my app, compiled with PB 2017, on an old XP machine and it was fine. Unfortunately because of our niche market we have a lot of users who hang on to old ...
This seems to be related to some other reports, and is also something I complained about (without the following details) during the beta period. My PDFs created with the new NativePDF method look fine, except the font in them that is bold is a bit...
Hi experts, How can I deploy Powerserver on a shared windows server where I can not run the setup file and have access thru Plesk control panel only ? Kindly advise. Regards DK Batra ...
Where can i get Sybase Datawindow PS driver - Acrobat Distiller for generating PDF files from powerbuilder. ...
We've got a few applications, and one common theme with all of them is that they all have ToolbarText set to false and ToolbarTips set to true by default. If I use this code in a MDIHelp! window, the toolbartext will enable immediately: app...
I migrated from 12.5 to PB2017. One window is read only in PB2017. All the checkboxes, buttons and everything are disabled. I migrated the pbls again but no luck. Can anypne suggest a solution? ...
Since the app is still ultimately running on Windows, why couldn't a .CHM file be bundled with what gets downloaded and accessed directly? Our app actually doesn't use ShowHelp, because of some aspects that we don't love about how it w...
I'm working on a port of my PB2017 version of my app to PostgreSQL. I have updated all copies of the PBODB170.INI file to include the following sections (irrelevant bits omitted): [PostgreSQL] PBSyntax='PGSQL_SYNTAX' PBTableOwner=...
I now, there are bigger problems with Powerbuilder. But there is one small thing that annoys me for years in a lot of Powerbuilder versions with different WIndows versions. Perhaps only I have the problem or somebody can tell me how I can stop thi...
I'm reading the "Supported Features for Appeon Web" document and it says that bytea is an unsupported data type. We use that to store images in our application. Would there be a work-around for that, other than choosing a different DB? I had some...
Hola A todos  tengo el siguiente error al ejecutar un webservice ejemplo de sumar 2 numeros, me genera el siguiente error, en el navegador Línea 1:     Gracias       ...
Hi PowerSphere. In old days ( pre Appeon PowerBuilder 2017) it was possible to use the runtime packager to make a .Net runtime package to install on the IIS. This option in not available anymore. (I guess)  Is there another solution other th...
Will I be able to develop mobile apps with Powerbuilder and the Realm mobile database, including the ability to use the Realm built in notification when data changes? ...
PB v12.1, b7055 Windows 7, 32-bit o/s Like Yuri, I need a new source control product for PowerBuilder! 1) Is anyone using WizSource? If so, do you like it? Hate it? 2) What are the limitation in WizSource?   Thanks, Olan ...
Using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 Build 1666 on Windows 7 with Oracle 12c full client connecting to remote Oracle 12c. We are just looking at using PWDialog and PWExpDialog to handle expiring/expired passwords.  I have not been able to find much on t...

There are no discussions available here currently