1. Daniel Vivier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 11 August 2017 15:54 PM UTC

I see on the website that PB 2017 isn't shown to work on Windows XP. I just tried installing my app, compiled with PB 2017, on an old XP machine and it was fine. Unfortunately because of our niche market we have a lot of users who hang on to old computers for a very long time, so I need to know whether there are any known significant issues about XP and PB 2017, or whether it's just you didn't choose to test it with that. Then I can know what sort of warning to give any of my remaining users who are on XP about installing our new version created with PB 2017.

Thanks.

Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 13 August 2017 20:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

We ran our PB v12.1 b 7055 commercial application on Windows XP and never had any issues with that combination.

Caveat: We do no use any third-party objects in out application.

Later -

Olan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 August 2017 17:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2
Hi Dan; XP support in PB was dropped in the PB 12.5.2 version time frame. Regards ... Chris
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 11 August 2017 19:14 PM UTC
No, you should be good, but with the caveat that the new features added could be possibly be problematic, such as the new RichTextEdit, NativePDF, Standalone Compiler, Mobile Cloud Apps, and new licensing mechanism (SySAM relacement).  We have not tested on Windows XP so I can't tell you if or which of the new features will have problems.  Give it a spin and let us know.  Thanks!

1. Helpful
  1. Daniel Vivier
  2. Friday, 11 August 2017 19:53 PM UTC
I'm not developing on XP (I should hope not!), just letting users install our apps on it, so several of the things in that list don't apply, like licensing. We only use the new RTE in one internal-only app. So the only issue for potential XP users is the new NativePDF, and I just tested it and it works fine.

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 13 August 2017 01:24 AM UTC
Great, glad to hear that!

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.