Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have an internal application for dealing with emails that come in to our Outlook Inbox. It accesses Outlook via connection to the "Outlook.Application" OLEObject, and also uses the Redemption SafeMailItem OLEObject to avoid popups about being allo...
Hello, Using Pb 11.5, Sql Server 2012 express Got a datawindow retrieving data through a stored procedure from the database.  Suddenly it's taking more time to retrieve.   when the same query is executed in the SSMS, it takes only a couple of seco...
Hi there, we are using Powerbuilder Classic.In large Powerscripts the Editor is not very helpful.Features like codefolding would be very helpful.Are there any plans to enhance the editor to display source like e.g., notepad++ or ms code does?     ...
Hi, I'm trying to set up continuous integration using Git and AutoCompile.  The (simplified) scenario looks as follows: Run git pull to get the latest version of the sources.  Run AutoCompile (pbc170.exe) to compile/deploy the sources.  The ...
Hi All, I have downloaded the PB2019 installer this morning and had been looking forward to installing and getting familiar with the new features. Unfortunately, I have fallen at the first hurdle.  PB will not Install! Can anyone tell me if there ...
  Buenas tardes a todos alguien tiene Un ejemplo de Crear un web service con Power Builder 2017      Gracias   Att Carlos...
Hello, i am working on my PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with an OFFLINE license on my machine. I've also installed the new PowerBuilder 2019 but i cannot use the same offline license to run both (even not at the same time). I guess i need to switch back to ...
Hello, I'm trying to save a simple list datawindow to a PDF but keep on getting a result of -1. Thanks Here is the script I created:   long ll_returninteger pdfstandardindex = 1 dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.PDFStandard = pdfstanda...
We are getting ready to deploy IM 2017 to our customers and QA found that when using a shared server, it will log you in as the last person that entered their credentials. This blocks them from using it on their local. If the shared server is set to ...
PowerBuilder v12.1Oracle 12C DatabaseWindows 7, 64 bit platfromI have a tab with two tabpages: parms and display.On the PARMS tabpage, the users enter the paramemters for a report, the data is saved as a string. On the DISPLAY tabpage, I am trying t...
How to restrict a powerserver web Application not to be  launched from Windows 10 tablet ? Do we have some API to identify device type and restrict application launch on server side /...
I'm experiencing a problem in connection with string-double conversion in PowerBuilder: If HKCU/Control Panel/International/LocaleName registry entry is set to a language code with a sub-form of the language (e.g. en-US), and the HKCU/Control Panel/...
Good Day! We are using orcascr170.exe to import, rebuild and then create the PDB/EXE files. Please note that we are not using the autocompiler pbc170.exe. For scores of builds, the icon was being added. Suddenly, orcascr170.exe no longer adds the i...
Is it possible to add an HTML hyperlink within infomaker? I have tried but not had any luck so far...  Thanks...
Hi Guru I need to implement an universal login between Oracle and Windows server 2016. If i use Kerberos between oracle 12.1.02 and windows server 2008r2 all works. If i use Kerberos between oracle 12.2.01 and windows server 2016 does NOT work eve...
hi  everyone ,   I read no. of blog to understand .net assembly in powerbuilder but actual mean i dont understand that what is .net assembly in powerbuilder and what is the use of this and how to use    ...
Hi all I need to determine the numbers of monitor in PB. There are already some examples but not in PB code. Do you have any examples how I can determine the number of connected monitors?   Or other function about monitor!   Thx André Rust...
Hi Team,   Would it possible to replace the Internet Explorer with Google Chrome in PowerBuilder. If yes, what will be the change in the PB application/system so that it will work with all kind of ole controls (Native & 3rd parties) in PB applicat...
I want to see how PowerBuilder Mobile applications look like. Is there any showcase where different mobile applications can be viewed?...
Hi All,   we are working on Powerserver to make calls to Oracle tuxedo service from web , one of the issue that we have noticed that DLL used to make tuxedo calls are getting downloaded in cached directory in Client PC, will there be a Way for DLL ...

There are no discussions available here currently