Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, everyone, for years PowerBuilder has ignored the Windows setting of two-digit years. Our customers work a lot with birth dates and want the Windows setting to be respected rather than the fixed setting listed in the PowerBuilder help. (great...
Hello, support Can you provide an example of accessing nested classes in PB as this help text explains. I failed to do it in either code or debugger. Thank you Arcady...
Dear appeon,   I hear he issue the internet explorer will discontinue or close it, I have application many use object custom web browser control from microsoft  ,how about this issue, my apps can still run ? powerbuilder 2019 R2 have new object web...
How can I detect if a user has caps lock on their keyboard prior to entry of any data?  I am using PowerBuilder 2017, build 1666, and I still under Windows 8 but will be converting to Windows 10 in the near future. Thanks Cheryl...
Hi, I wrote a simple app which captures a pictures using the camera , I have deployed it to Android 10 Tablet and it works fine.   But there is an issue , after each picture is taken a file called image(1).jpg is created in the pictrues folder It ...
Hi I compiled my application in CloudPro with PowerServer as Web only and configured the setting to run as IWA. It all worked fine but I just didn't see the desktop icon I was told that would be created for the app. Please advise.   Thanks! CJ...
Hi, I use Powerbuilder metaclass functionality to analyze objects. Now I need a way to identify events with predefined parameters. A lot of such events have an event id like "pbm_dwnitemchange" for itemchanged event. But there are also predefined...
We are using Power Builder 2017R3 build 1858 for our POS application. The application runs on Windows Server 2016. We have a constant crash in a specific feature. .Net Framework  3.5 (version 3.5.30729.4926 ) and 4.7 ( version 4.7.02558; release 461...
How to Push a URL in Power builder 10.5 ??How to configure a mail server with PB 10.5?...
Our application is PB 2017 R2 with SQL Anywhere 16.  The application is build in PFC We have created a stored procedure which creates a snapshot of all our tables (16) involved in a complex transaction.  We want to fire this after an update is succe...
Hi, hopefully someone can help I am getting an error in my application which is 32 bit pb2019 when i run it on windows 2016 RDS Error =  datawindow error Select Error: Decimal conversion error. Powerbuilder supports only 18 digits. Also on some ...
Hello, in my PowerBUilder application I use Sql Native Client to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.I use this Parameters: SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client (OLE DB)" SQLCA.LogPass = "serverpassword" SQLCA.ServerName = "server\instance" SQLCA.Lo...
New to PS.  We are looking into sending HTML messages optionally with attachments.  What is everyone else using?   Kevin...
Greetings all - didn't see anything quite like this in the Q/A so far. We suddenly have a special problem when calling this .Net exe from new PB. This arrangement has been and is still working for 10+ years now on a Windows 2003/PB 12.5 combination, ...
Is it possible to close an application that has not been used during the week using the function Idle(604800), or is 604800 too high value for the Idle function?Does the Idle function take away large Windows resources?After adding Idle(604800), we st...
Hello, everyone My web application is multi-tenant and each client requires that its users log in to the application with authentication of their respective LDAP (Windows Active Directory) servers. How to programmatically connect to a remote LDAP se...
Hi everyone, I'm having problems to download the PB 2019 R2 installer. Anyone has an idea ?   Best regards,    Philippe PILAT....
How to programming in appeon with ole object of MScomm32 ?...
Dear team,   Pls help to have a review for below issue, thanks in advance. We have met an issue suddenly without any codes changes on servers. We used the web service WSDL file which engine is Easy Soap to invoke another service was failed. The ...
Hi, Appeon If windows 10x natively will support only app PWA, and UWP (initially); What are the possibilities that SnapDevelop in the future will have the option of creating the manifest for the PowerBuilder app to directly generate the .apx packag...

There are no discussions available here currently