Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello  My user is set up correctly in Apperon 2017 R2, and she can see the items from the given .PBL file, but cannot access them. Each folder upon clicking them just gives out a windows prompt noise, and no other error message.  My gut feeling is ...
HI I would like to test the new 2019 r3 beta and try it out Can I install this in parallell with 2029 R2? Are there many changes in the powerscript compiler? How is the risk of using the compiled code from r3 beta vs r2 Gunnar Gisleberg...
Bonjour, Existe-il un composant browser compatible avec les derniers standards css, html5 et javascript (idéalement pour avoir un comportement comme dans google chrome). Nous travaillons en powerbuilder 2017, et nous voudrions afficher directement ...
Hello everyone I have many computers with a PB application with several dll's, to this applications we make changes continuously, does anyone know of any way in which the application can be updated automatically when it is run?   Thank you Luis ...
Hi,   Q1: I Run() many instances of the same PB application (.exe) and I'm passing in different command line arguments. can I do the same with PowerClient? If not, can I jus deploy a complete set of run time files in a subfolder to the PowerClie...
Hello everyone, I am creating a menu of actions to move between the records of my database in the different windows of my application. This menu is located on the ribbon and is controlled using shortcuts. The problem I have is that when I change the...
Hi Guys We have an SMTP mail server that I am trying to utilize to send mail without giving everyone an OUTLOOK account.   I am looking for some code that twill help me do that? Appreciate any help.   thank you  Tom . ...
Somewhere in the forum was a discussion of this and I am unable to find it.  IIRC Powerserver 2021 will no longer have a plug-in (strictly IWARunner).Is there a version of Powerserver before then that does support the plugin with Chromium Edge?TIA...
Hi all my fellow PB entusiasts  :-)   What PowerBuilder database interface (oledb,odbc, etc..) do you recommend to use to connect realiably to SQL Server  from a classic windows PowerBuilder application. I'm running up to 50 instances of the same ...
Hi All, Looking for feedback from the community. We have a medical records application built on PowerBuilder platform. As part of our compliance requirement we need to audit the codes to make sure there are no security  or coding vulnerabilities in ...
dear Appeon: I found that this is a known issue, but I couldn't find the solution to it, so writing this post... I am using a window with the embedded WebBrowser control in PB 2019 R2 app. In my local development environment, the control  works fi...
In PB 2017R2, I have a datawindow that successfully saves as PDF in the prod environment, but in Dev and local environments the PDF fails. This is in script, the file name is valid: // Create the ticket PDFll_rc = dw_meter_ticket_email_form.SaveAs(...
Hi, everybody. I got a question about how to connect into a Database with Database Connection option, I follow the steps but it never shows me the database from my own, just System Database like Master, Model, Msdb etc... There is something I can d...
Hello I have carefully followed Bruce Armstrong' tutorial for connecting PowerBuilder 2017 R2 to PostgreSQL, but I have a trial version of Powerbuilder 2019 R2 which I am trying to connect to a PostgreSQL 10 database. So far, I have not been success...
Hi All, I am facing an issue where a particular object takes over 2.5 hours to regenerate. This is causing issues during compiling as well. The object is fairly complex with over 10000 lines of code which has been migrated from v9 over the years. T...
Dear All please help me! I use javawm. I am trying to pass a resultset to the function of java.When I convert from java to pb, it is java_resutset parameter. I want the resultset parameter of pb java_resultset = resultset of the powerbuilder. Pleas...
Migrated existing PB11 app to PB2019. No issues. Built 32-bit executable with PowerGen10. No issues. Added 32-bit runtime DLLs to distribution files. Runs ok on: Win 7 desktop Win 10 desktop with standard Dell image Will not run on: Win ...
Earlier this year we migrated from PB 12.5 to PB 2019 GA. We noticed that if a DataWindow uses a computed field in the sort order, PB 2019 drops the computed field from the sort order when saving the object in the painter or importing from file usin...
Hi Guys I have a problem with PB102R3 Build 1915 The DW filter is not being applied until after the retrieveend event, I'm pretty certain that in previous releases it was applied before the retrieveend. I can code round this, but can someone confir...
I have a java class that has one method that takes some parameters as input and returns an array. I need to call this java method from PowerBuilder desktop application by passing the required parameters, and then capture the response from the method ...

There are no discussions available here currently