Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Migrated a PB12.5 application to PB 2017. The PBOBD125.INI file in the PB12.5 version of the app was modified to included PBTRIMCHARCOLUMNS='YES' to trim a .txt file stored on the local drive. When this same modification was changed in the ap...
Hello, PB 2017, Postgresql 10.1 I want to connect to postgresql without creating any DSN, which didn't succeed with the following code. Sqlca.DBMS =ODBC Sqlca.DBParm="Driver={PostgreSQL ODBC Driver(UNICODE)};DATABASE=db;SERVER=192.168.x...
Hello Team, I am trying to find some way to use VB .Net & C# DLL in Power Builder Classic Application to use Visual Components but not able to find any particular way to do it. Please let me know how we can achieve it. Thanks, ...
I am attempting to save and display a pdf file in a mobile app using the following code.  of_loadlocalfile returns -1 and the code displays the following message: loadlocalfile error: "rc: -1 file: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/7BC99...4...
Hi Chris, thank you for your response. Sorry I'm new here. I assigned the PowerServer license to myself and followed the email from Appeon for this to open AEM. The AEM shows that PowerServer is not activated. Then I tried to use my login(emai...
Hi everybody, We have deployed a web application from PB/PS 2017 to an Appeon Server 2016 using the following method (that worked perfectly when using PB12.6 and Appeon developper 2016): 1 Deployment of the application by using PowerServer 2017...
I newly installed Powerbuilder Universe version in windows 10 in VMWare. When I tried to use Config Guide for my existing window program I got an error to fail to connect PowerServer. When I opened Appeon Enterprise Manager I got "This PowerServer is...
Now there is a problem in use: Our development environment is AIO 700-214SH Lenovo computer,The operating system is the windows 10 professional edition,The database is the standard version of SQL server2008R2,The development language is PowerBuild...
I am wondering how best to identify a device so we can store the user's ID and Password (not using .ini) and retrieve that info when they log in using the Device ID. i.e. When the user launches the app it connects to a DB, then pulls the device ...
Is there a solution for the current PB limitation using PostURL that only allows for http and not https? -Allen ...
Hi,   I have a program where I am trying to save datawindow as PDF using the new new feature in usign NativePDf!   a_dw.Modify ("DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!") a_dw.Modify ("DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.CustomOrientation ...
Do you know any tool to write test script for PowerBuilder and those can be used in Jenkins and can record the output. I am looking to automate the PB testing for UI application written in PB. Let me know in case you have any information on this? ...
In our app we have a DataWindow report with a background image that is saved to PDF. A customer reports their C drive being filled up while running the process that creates the PDF. For this customer, the report has about 850 pages. The process saves...
can i change the icons in the liner graph square and X and *   and how can i remove it or change it     ...
I am using the trail version of PowerBuilder 2017. I used Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Win.dll (C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\DotNET\bin) on my application by visual studio 2010 ,but I have a problem  , I need running on platfo...
I have a PB app that was written long ago, and one thing it does is build its (MySQL) database as needed.  To do this, all of the scripts needed to build  the database were added to function objects, one per database object. i.e., there's an "fn_...
We are just converting our application from Oracle to SQL Server. When running stored procedures, sometimes running them twice in a row generates the "Procedure has already been executed" error and sometimes in doesn't. We are not closing t...
I made an application and deployed in webform. When I run it on my machine, it does it well, but in localhost the messagebox function does not work. Why does not the messagebox work in a webform application? How to make it work? Help me ple...
I am looking for ways to disconnect and closeout of our  application when it sits out there for an x number of hours when not being used. We are transitioning to PB2017, DB2 with an OBDC connection.   Thanks, Kwadwo Boahene ...
hello   i need to open a window by clicking some shortcut key in keyboard   how can i do this ...

There are no discussions available here currently