Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have recently reinstalled 2019 R2 due to a hard drive carsh where I needed to re-install everything.  My SoapConnection which used to work is no longer working.  How do I debug the issue?   Error:  Bad Runtime function reference at line 14 in fun...
has anyone been running PB applications on an windows 10 ARM tablet such as surface pro x line? It seems that PS 2021 applications should work great on these devices, especially if they are 32bit (x64 emulation is not yet available, but is being add...
Hi Appeon team, I have some issues with the command PrintOpen() at EA Server, the following commands works perfect from my local machine (isolated testing): //long ll_Job ll_Job = PrintOpen( ) PrintDataWindow( ll_Job, dw_1 )PrintDataWindow( ll_Jo...
Hi All! How sign a xml file with a certificate x.509? Here we use many many xml files to exchange information between companies and we need sign with certificate x.509 (A1, A3...) these files to guarantee the security... Is there a resource in PB ...
When performing a compile using the autocompiler for PB 2019 R2, it seems to generate a log file but the filename seems to change depending on when and where I do the compile. Here is an example of my compile using pbc190.exe: C:\temp_git\Powerbuil...
I'm unable to set up a new database connection to my local instance of SQL Server from within SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Beta.  I only get the following message:  "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL...
Hi, Our labeling application is in PB2017, currently we are supporting 1D barcode by make use of “bcfont32.DLL” functions. Now, we want to use 2D barcode to show the data in a data window and window, is there any native way we can use 2D barcode fo...
Hi We have a PB 12.5 legacy application we are migrating to PB 2019. The application developer left the company and we just keep it running. The application was deployed into Appeon 6.5 server and users login using their IE browser. I can access ...
Hi, i am want improve the performance of an window. The profiler shows me that 5 seconds are spent inside of opensheet i.e. inside of powerbuilder.  Has anyone an idea how to get more information where the 5 seconds are spent? The window has many...
We're wanting to migrate from Visual SourceSafe to git for our source control, but our repository size seems fairly large (51k files, 51 targets), and when we get to a certain size, PowerBuilder seems to fail under the load. For example, every time ...
We have an intermittent issue where an alternate character set displays in a menu that is built dynamically.  The application is using PB 2019 R2 build 2353 and we connecting to a SQL Server 2016 database using SQL Server  Native Client.  When the ap...
We have a PB 2019 R2 application connecting to a SQL Server 2016 database using the old SQL Server driver (sqlsrv32.dll).  The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise.  The connection is scripted as follows:   SQLCA.DBMS = lsODBCTrace + "ODBC"SQLCA.LogId = ls_...
We need to know what is required to install Appeon PowerBuilder Runtime libraries and to deploy power builder builds, to Windows Server 2016 -- not as a client/server, just as a regular OS.   Hi Chris,     Yes I was meaning PowerBuilder.  In SAP...
Hi Appeon,     We are trying to install on a Server for POC the Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Client Installation only and not the PowerBuilder IDE. What options do we click from the Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 download?  Also what is the AppeonInstal...
Hai all, Have any scope to connect cloud database (mysql) using powerbuilder classic 12.1 ?. I tried it but result is wrong....
Hi All,  We need your help, please. We have a problem when call the timer in PB2019 R2, the timer return "-1" state , Do you no know what is the problem and the solution?   Code int li_log_timerli_log_timer = timer(ide_timer_seg, w_pesado_proces...
When converting PB code to C# and deploying as a web service, is there any runtime besides the .Net framework? Does it use .Net Core?  ...
When call  lnv_HttpClient.SendRequest("GET", lsurl, lsboby) On some PC it show "Bad Request - Invalid Verb" this error but it works on postman. Develop on Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353 Deploy on Windows 10 64Bit   My Code Integer li_r...
Hi. What is the preferred software to create an installation package (setup.exe) for a PowerBuilder 2019 application? InstallShield or something like that? Right now we just zip all the files needed including runtime DLL's and ship it. But both o...
Hi guru I would like to upgrade my powerbuilder script to 2019 r I have question about report for outer join  Powerbuilder 7.0 script as below   FROM pldtl , plhdr, sohdr, stock, customer  WHERE ( plhdr.pl_sysplno = pldtl.pt_sysplno ) and ( pt_sy...

There are no discussions available here currently