Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All I have a MS Word OLE Checkbox question - I can not figure out a call to set a true/false value in a checkbox I place in a docx document. I have googled the internet and all of the results did not help. Most of them use FormFields, which is n...
Hello, I need some help with the change of default printer at runtime. When  i open my Power Builder program y have a default printer , then i change de printer but the program dont change the default printer , What can i do? please .  The user ne...
Hi PB users,   We have an issue with a big RichtextEdit control using SelectedText() in Powerbuilder 2017. When the size exceed exactly 28665 characters in 1027 lines Powerbuilder Crash. I know this is huge amount of characters but our client agu...
Hi guys! i'm working into a PowerBuilder 2019 application and i need to create a autocomplete popup list for the final user will can to select any row of that, there are something in PowerBuilder that let me to do it? thanks!...
Hello. I am new to PowerServer, tasked with trying to see how much work is involved with taking our large PB2019 project and making it available via the web. I've got a non-visual object (nvo_security) that I'm having trouble calling. It's instantia...
Hello, I have a simple Oracle stored function as follows: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_double(a_in NUMBER) RETURN NUMBER ISBEGIN RETURN a_in;END test_double; And a simple test window with a multilineedit and command button whose clicked event s...
Hi, months ago we created a pipeline object with a source (SAny 11) and a destination (SAny 16). Now we change the destination db from SAny 16 to PostgreSQL 10. As we now added a column to the pipeline object and saved the p. object, it converted ...
Hello, we are working with an application in appeon 2017 in which we pass customer addresses and shows on the map the brands of where each one of them is located. So far it has worked well, but this week it has stopped working. Send me the customer ...
Hi All,  Anybody no how to connect with TFS 2015. This is what I'm working with:PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10 Enterprise. All powebuilder objects already in TFS for my application. As per the tutorial, I did install tea...
Hi PBers I have searched on Google for a solution to this issue for a while now and I am turning to you for help. I have a saved doc in Word with 'fields' (not 'bookmarks') in it. I did so by going to Insert>Quick Parts>Field... I need to ac...
GetOpenFileName function works normal in the regular windows app and same thing when deployed in .net version it is not prompting the Open Dialog window.  Please suggest some solution....
Hi all   I have installed a ws on a server and it all worked fine on the sever itself . But when I want to test the ws from another machine ( on the same Ethernet network ) I am getting the error : The test form is only available for requests fro...
Hi everybody, I am in need of an orientation for a "MSI" file deployment. When trying to do it by software deployment or batch file (.bat), it cannot proceed because it still requires manual intervention for installation.What parameter is missing to...
Hello everyone I would like to test the 2019 R2 version since, in that version, it could be the solution to the problem I am having. As seen in the following image (version 2019 or lower), in the left pane of my window I have a datawindow with a da...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, PostgreSQL 11.1 Looks like PB doesn't report an error when there is a violation of uniquess in a table, instead it goes into a infinite loop. Uniqueness created with a  unique index and NOT primary key.  Removing the unique inde...
Hello,  Does anybody tried to authenticate a user with Windows credentials in PowerBuilder?  We are looking for an option when user can login to PB App without entering a password with Windows credentials  Thank you, Yuri  ...
Hi All,  One of our customers has a problem opening a window on his Amazon AWS Appstream system runing our Powerbuilder appication.At the moment, only one window is involved. It's a standard window (99864 Bytes) nothing special in it.Powerbuilder fa...
Hi, One of my team member is receiving below error message when trying to launch PB2017 R3 in windows 10 64bit machine. The ordinal 2678 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\shared\PowerBuilder\pbsys170.dll...
HI Sir/Madam, I have two questions, that need your advices. They are: 1.    Where do we select the deployment (.NET/Java) platform?  Is that done in the Configuration Wizard?2.    When would we need to select the “(More secure) Generate a unique se...
If you run the application from PB2019 IDE then application is working fine. but same thing will not work if you run from EXE. My concern is, is their any .dll file need to add in application path....

There are no discussions available here currently