1. Oliver Leterski
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 11 November 2019 13:57 PM UTC

Hi,

months ago we created a pipeline object with a source (SAny 11) and a destination (SAny 16).

Now we change the destination db from SAny 16 to PostgreSQL 10.

As we now added a column to the pipeline object and saved the p. object, it converted all timestamp columns to uuid in the  destination. (Refresh_pipeline.png)

When I now starts the pipeline object in the painter, it causes following error:

SQLSTATE = S1000  Could not convert parameter ctype to sqltype.

If I use 'Refresh' method in the pipeline object, I'll get this error permanently .

If I use 'Create' method in the pipeline object, PB converts the SAny timestamp into timestamptz in PostgreSQL and I didnt get the error while piping tables. (create_pipeline.png)

But we have to use refresh method.

Anyone who got the same problem or a solution for this?

btw, I can change this, when I 'edit source', but this couln't be the answer! But when I do this and change something in the pipeline, it will reset the timestamp to uuid!

Attachments (2)
Who is viewing this page
Oliver Leterski Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 12 November 2019 09:08 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris, 

ticket is opened now. 

Regards Oliver

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 12 November 2019 22:28 PM UTC
Hi Oliver;

Yes, I saw it .. thanks!

If you could attach your current pipeline source and its related SA & PG "Create Table" DML ... that would be awesome in order to help Appeon reproduce the issue.

Regards .... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 11 November 2019 21:02 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Oliver;

This sounds like a PL bug around the POSTGreSQL DBMS interface. I would suggest opening a Support Ticket for this issue.

At least you have a workaround for the moment. Just make sure that you export the PL source and save it somewhere safe so that you can refresh the PL source if it gets reset.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.