Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello Team,  I have desktop application developed in PowerBuilder 2017 R3, which is connecting to Sybase ASE 15.7 database. Before connecting to the database I am setting SEC_CONFIDENTIAL=1 to dbParm property as below.  sqlca.DBMS="SYC" SQLCA.dbPa...
Cordiales Saludos....   Tengo el siguiente inconveniente con PB2019 r2 2328, cuando corro un script en el plsql de oracle los valores me recupera con el punto decimal, es decir para el ejemplo de este valor se ve de la siguiente manera, 234456.98 y...
Hello, I'm using Powerbuilder 2017R2. Recently, the system tree switched from showing my workspace to showing my computer drives. This changed happened sometime between closing it and reopening it another day. I am able to right click and "Set Root.....
Hello: We had Web Server in IIS (Machine A) and AppServer in IIS (Machine B). Communications between users and machine A are via https and Communications between machine A and machine B are via https too. We tested Web applications and they were f...
can anyone please help me.... I have  two datawindow.. dw_1 => one rows  id = 1 , name =  a   dw_2 => two rows id = , name = a,serial_no = 001,   address1= abc id = , name = a,serial_no = 002,   address1= xyz   i want to create in foll...
Hi, everyone. I made a datawindow named 'dw_list' has a CheckBox column as below. I try to make a process with checked rows in the dw_list, when some button is clicked. But I don't want ItemStatus of the dw_list to change to Datamodified. So I wr...
I have a Powerbuilder 2017 R2 application where the workspace and the application PBLs are in GIT Repo1. The pfc, pfe, and business layer PBLs are in Repo2. When I want to change anything in the application, I just commit and push to Repo1 which is...
Hi, a problem occurred while migrating application to PB2017 R3 Build 1915 from PB12_5. This is the scenario: the application needs to set a specific printer before printing document. There could be many documents printing and everyone could have ...
Hello, can I set the aspect of panels in a RibbonBar to be in dropdown-mode? This is happening automatically when the window is resized and the Ribbon width needs to be reduced, see picture attached. I would like to set some Panels with the drop-d...
Hi, Is there a documented list of runtime files required to support .NET assemblies containing .NET Datastore code? We have identified some of these (below). DWNet.Data.dllSnapObjects.Data.dllSnapObjects.Data.Odbc.dllSnapObjects.Data.SqlServer.dllS...
Hi, We plan to deploy .NET assemblies with .NET Datastores in the near future. The datastores were created using PB 2019 R2 build 2328, if that is relevant. Does Appeon recommend any obfuscation tools? If not, has anyone had experience with such ut...
Estoy migrando de powerbuilder 2017 a 2019 que utiliza librerias PFC pero no está interpretando la instruccion this.inv_resize.of_Register, es decir no se ve afectado los objectos. Ya actualice las librerias PFC a 2019. No se si esta funcion ya no es...
Hi, I faced a hurdle when tried to push PB objects to Github repository. I created a repo in my organisation's Github space. i.e github.mycompanyname.com Actually when I login to the github.mycompanyname.com, it will ask for User Id and password a...
How to retrieve data by page with datastore in PB2019R2 WebAPI Target?...
Hi! I'm attempting to connect to an internal .net Web Service using a certificate file.  I see that the old SoapConnection object had the SetClientCertificateFile method, but can't find the same (or similar) method in the RESTClient or HTTPClient.  ...
Currently deploying a Windows application with an EXE together with some PBD files.   If I managed to update the PBD when the users is running the application, is there a way to force the application to reload the updated PBD without restarting the...
Hi, I am running PB 2019 R2 build 2328 I have SnapDevelop. I can open the C# application created on it from Powebuilder IDE just fine. I am trying to use C# Model Generator to export my dw to the C# Webapi application. When I right click the dw t...
Hello, We encountered some random crashes in our application with PB2019r2.Now we are considering turning back the version. Is there a simple sollution to downgrade from pb2019r2 to pb2019r0 without loosing all user settings?     best regards St...
Hi All, We are facing an astonishing issue with PB2019 32bit due to missing resizing see correctlayout.png and wronglayout.png . At Windows Server 2016 (via RDP) and under Citrix Xen/xp 6.5 (independent from OS) the resize event is not fired for a ...
Hi tea, I am having an application that is developed in PB5 using PB7 libraries. I am trying to convert this applications to 2019. As of now I am using trail version to check the feasibility. Could you please help me understand how feasible this con...

There are no discussions available here currently