Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all It's some time ago (PB 9 or 10)... It was possible to put the data of a datastore/datawindow into a clipboard during the debug-modus using a statement like this in the watch tab:  clipboard(ids_lv_gruppen_belegungen.describe("Datawindow.data...
Hello, Has any consideration or alternative approaches been discussed by the Appeon folks to provide functionality within the PowerBuilder IDE to consume 3rd party .Net assemblies like First DataBank (https://www.fdbhealth.com/solutions/integration-...
Hello i have a source text file with ansi encoding written using Macintosh (CR) containing a sequence of EOT,EOT NUL characters every 1024 bytes. I need to read this file and convert it to a string. I tried to open it in stream mode, and used the fil...
Hi all,   Just find one issue, when we migrate the PB2012 to PB17, the code should not be case sensitive. But with the new version, there occurs some runtime error if we not keep same case in the code. For example, we initail the variable 'Test', ...
Hello, Trying to check if a transaction object is connected to a database, I'm calling its DBHandle() function. When the objects is not connected, this call yields the transaction object DBError event. How can this be worked around? PB 12.5.1 b 459...
Hello, PB 2017 R3 Need to print Cheque from Powerbuilder, with customer paper size:  Width = 7.99 inch, Length / Height : 3.70 inch Tried: Created a datawindow, with required fields including a picture field.  Picture field is to display the imag...
Since the internal RTF-Control of PB 2017 ist not usable, we purchased the Active-X version from Textcontrol. Everything works fine, except for the datawindow-control. As soon as the column gets the focus, word-wrap occures at about 50% of the lengt...
  Ideally, we would like to be able to do the following: Track all of our objects that exist in the ws_objects folder to source control (Bitbucket) We typically include PBL files in our .gitignore file so they would never be committed to our r...
Will an application that was developed and compiled (built) in PowerBuilder 7 run on a Windows 2016 server?  Will it run on Windows Server 2012R2?  EXPLANATION: I have a client running an application that was developed and compiled with PowerBuilder...
When pbvm170.dll is missing I get an error message (dll missing).Now I tried the JsonGenerator feature of PB2017R3 but forgot to deploy the pbjson170.dll. I got no error message but every call to JsonGenerator returned -1. Why do I get no correspondi...
Every now and then, I receive an error using Base64Encode. The message is "Please make sure that the encryption dynamic library has already existed." The code is below, offending line in bold. This message does not appear to come from a thrown except...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017.  The database is MS SQL Server 2016.  My application has a function that creates a PDF with the following code: ls_folderfile = "\\APPSERVER\PDF\picklist870024818111309365604.pdf"    adw_rpt.Object.DataWindow.Export.PD...
Hello - I've been hearing this strange issue from my support that the application is slowing down drastically when it tries to open up certain windows especially when the printers work slowly (it'd pause anywhere from 10s to 2m) trying to reach the p...
Greetings., From where I can download "PostgreSQL Native Drive" (for PostgreSQL version 10.5) .  Installed Appeon Powerbuilder 2017, but not showing in the connection cache.   ref. https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/2016/...
Dears., I am trying to connect "postgre" database from "Powerserver web" thru ODBC but can't. From PowerBuilder it is working fine. I checked in "Error Logs" in the powerserver showing "[Application name=PFA System,conn cache=PFA]key=value argument ...
PS 2018 has most of new features of PB 2017R3 except for encryption and OAuth. Anytime frame for these, especially encryption? for both web and mobile The rest API's i need to access require encryption and hashing, and i will only have 1/2 of the ...
Hi all, We now use PB2017R3 to migrate the PB12, using .net assembly as webservice to replace the EA server. One concern is that the security issue about the webservice. Do you have any good suggestion about the web service security in PB?...
Good Day! Based on what I see in the community and the docs, PowerServer Web does support OUTPUT parameters for SQL Server. However, my RPC does NOT work when depoyed to PowerServer, yet is works just fine in PB 2017. Same source... RPC Declaration...
Hi, I am trying to translate Pb application Spanish language to english. How to enable to use Pb translation tool in my current small application. Could you please advice or share sample code for more help .   Thanks,  ...
Hi everyone I've got a grid datawindow with several rather narrow columns. I'd like to have a group header that's wider than the columns and basically ignores the grid. (see example from Excel) I've tried putting the control in the group header i...

There are no discussions available here currently