1. Thomas Dietrich
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 15:00 PM UTC

Since the internal RTF-Control of PB 2017 ist not usable, we purchased the Active-X version from Textcontrol.

Everything works fine, except for the datawindow-control. As soon as the column gets the focus, word-wrap occures at about 50% of the length of the column:

Once the column loses focus, everything goes back to normal:

I tried every possible setting and workaround I can think of. Does anybody have an idea, what causes this issue?

Thanks,

Thomas

Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 November 2018 08:57 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Thomas,

We noticed that someone from your company has already submitted this bug to our Ticket System.

Please see the reply in the following link. Thanks!

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=1876

Regards,

Mark Lee

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 17:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Try upgrading to PowerBuilder 2018, which uses the older version of TX TextControl, and see if that resolves your problem.  An insider release is scheduled to be available to select people on November 30 and a generally available release on December 31.

Comment
  1. Thomas Dietrich
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 19:10 PM UTC
We sure will check out PB2018 - but we NEED a solution now (unfortunatley going back to 12.6 is not an option).
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 20:14 PM UTC
Please open a support ticket and see if our staff can come up with a workaround. Worst case scenario you can try the insider release on November 30 (just 2 weeks away).
  1. Helpful
Thomas Dietrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 16:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Chris,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, there is not even an option for horizontal scrollbar:

Comment
  1. Thomas Dietrich
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 17:12 PM UTC
No scroll is activated on the DW control either...
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 17:48 PM UTC
Bummer ... its was just a thought.

Armeen mentions another possibility in PB2018 where Appeon will be re-supplying the TX Control version that was used in PB 12.x. This might help your RT DW situation.

Another possibility though is to use a RichText Control. The native RTE control has slightly better behaviour and programing control that you can use that with your current TX control "under-the-hood). Many people though do not realize that a RichText DW can be used in conjunction with the RTE Control. The RT DWO can be hooked into the RTE Control.

To share data between a DataWindow object or DataStore, use the DataSource function:

rte_1.DataSource(ds_empdata)

Food for thought!

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Thomas Dietrich
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 19:09 PM UTC
Well our application is very large. I would have to switch about 50 very complex datawindows.

I really hope PB2018 will feature the same RTF functionality as 12.6 did. In the meantime we have to "limp along" with the ActiveX solution.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions!
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 16:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Thomas;

I used to have the same issue in older PB versions with the RT DW. I found that removing the Horizontal scrollbar property and just leaving the Vertical scrollbar, solved that behaviour. I am not sure if this might be the situation in your case with PB2017R3 - but, it might be worth a try (have not tried this in R3).

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.