Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Currently, each column of a datawindow “remembers” the selected keyboard language, when the user entered data. This means that when the user goes from one field to another (using mouse or tab) the keyboard language changes automatically. This is ver...
hi! PB app (and IDE) crashes when I attempt to close a window sheet on inside the open event, while running on a MDIDock frame. When it's a simple MDI frame, no problem occurs. I am wondering if it's a bad practice to close windows inside open even...
Hi all. We are using a Git repository to store our powerbuilder sources and a Teamcity server to build a setup from it.Now, when I commit changes to Git from inside Powerbuilder, this commit contains an "encoding UTF - 8".And that's a problem for Te...
Hello, I'm trying to find some references to do a CI/CD with PB2017R3 and Gitlab/Kubernete. Does someone have already experimented this ?  ...
Upon which JSON parser is PowerBuilder 2019 based? I can then reference which syntax variations are tolerated.   Thank you....
I need to delete some objects from some specific libraries i have found with a utility i developed in PowerBuilder but thereis no easy way i can delete objects through script. There is ORCA which i never used before and have no idea how to use it. ...
I need to find the ancestor name of Window.control[x]. The control is added to the window by using OpenWithParm()  Please advice Thank you, Yuri ...
I just migrated a PB 12.6 app to PB 2019 trial. A problem that occurred in 12.6, and I was hoping that it will be solved in the newer versions of PB, is related to window menus, when we use the docked interface. We have development a set of librarie...
Is there any way to have the IDEs for PB2017 and PB2019 open at the same time on the same machine? We will be maintaining code in PB2017, but need to migrate/test in PB2019, so copying code changes between versions will be a normal occurrence for a ...
What visual objects do is suggested for the .net DataStore?...
Ok , so I have a new laptop and now I must setup all those customs colors again, default font;s and my DB connections. Can someone tell me what file(s) these are stored so I can copy them to my new laptop.    Thanks in advance, Richard...
I'm working on a basic scheduling feature using DragDrop to assign/reassign tasks. All columns have a tab order of 0. When I move a task from one cell to another, the source cell remains highlighted as show in the image. Is there any way to deselect ...
Hi All,   we are trying to use ExportJson and ImportJSon function of DW to save result of rest service in DW but when its not showing in PowerServer toolkit while deploying application to web. as per latest Appeon document JSONClient is supported ...
Hi all,   I have been using Rolands EmailSMTP object n_smtp succesfully in the past , well it still does :)   Recently more and more of our send mails end up either in the spamfolder of the recipient , or for example are simply rejected by gmail ...
Hola, estoy usando power builder ver 11.5, quería saber hay algún tutorial de cómo enviar correos electrónicos sin pasar por Outlook.   Muchas gracias. Guillermo  gtamburo@delfino.com.ar...
Hello A quick theme question, if you use "themes" the text color is always the same ( black ) in all datawindows , can you force other color if you want to ? , sometimes you need to have a special color that indicates something. Thanks /Jonas  ...
Hello, Using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 / 2019 with Postgresql database Need to access data from a local [ intranet ] server, from a mobile application.   Mobile apps is to read barcode, fetch relevant data from the database, show it, print it and save t...
Hi Appeon team, Currently we are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 version. We have a requirement to place a file into directory (UNIX server) through SFTP I know that we have some external dll which help us to accomplish the purpose but is there ...
I get a JSON like : {"data": {"name": "\u9673\u6cf0\u5c71", "coupon": [], "is_active": true, "sex": "male", "birthday": "2019-05-15T16:00:00Z", "mobile_number": "+88696631", "balance": 10}}   name is Chinese What function can help me convert it t...
Hi, I'm using PB2019, buld 2082 and having issues with ApplyTheme not applying the theme is certain environments. Made a simple test. 1) copied the themes to C:\TEMP\themes and into that, the four theme folders provided by Appeon, e.g Flat Design ...

There are no discussions available here currently