Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi PowerSphere, Anyone having GIT running smoothly with large PowerBuilder Application ? Everytime I save an object - then YAWN.... Y A W N !!!!!! ..... I'm having a SSD disk so this should not be the reason So is there a setting "SPEED ...
Hello, I have run into a strange issue with the Itemchanged event. I am running PB2017R2. I have some code in the itemchanged event of a datawindow. MessageBox ('', 'ok')Return (2) This should reject the changes made - No matter what. Instead thi...
I'm looking for documentation on syntax changes in the datawindow from 12.5 - 2017R2.  I have some datawindows created in 2017 that I need to retro-fit into 12.5.  We are all set with 2017 licenses, but management decided to put off the upgrade till ...
Hi everybody, Using PB 2017 R2 Build 1769 and SQL AnyWhere 16. I have to pass a DW control between 2 apps using a database table. In one app (published as powerserver mobile) I retrieve a datawindow control in a window then I insert a row in the t...
Hi all, Currently, the AutoCompiler utility only supports compiling .exe applications. Does Appeon have any intention to support .NET targets in future releases - specifically the new .NET assembly feature coming out in PB 2018? Thanks, Don Ollive...
Thinking of a topic for a session to submit for the November conference. Ideas of things you might want to see? ...
I've just migrated a COM Component target in PB10.5 to a .Net Assembly target in PB2017, but after seeing these posts about the future deprecation of the .Net Assembly target:   https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb-2017-net-assemblies-...
Hi Team, Can you please tell me if Web service proxy wizard is available in Powerbuilder 2017 standard edition? coz I am not able to view the option under 'Projects' tab. If not, then what is an alternative to it?...
Hello, with the change of server my article: "Exporting Datawindows to Excel / Html without loosing Format" has lost content in the lines of code, and users inform me that the code does not work, I replaced all the code about 2 weeks ago and today th...
Using Appeon sourcecontrol using Visual Studio GIT set up with local repository. Code checked in fine, version control worked fine. Untill I copied a PBL file modified outside GIT directly to VS Git. Appeon  failes with the error: Reference was not f...
Hi, When am trying to do SVN-Update, conflicted directory is skipped to update. Developer #1 - Made changes on one object and committed to SVN. Developer #2 - Made code changes on same object and trying to commit to SVN. SVN commit is failed as ex...
Hi Colleagues,   I'm discovering UI test automation of Appeon Web application.   For now I faced with the issue, that all known tools doesn't recognize many controls from Appeon Web app. As an example, we got EonDataWindow object for Tables, and...
Has anyone experienced any intermittent connectivity failure that has been tracked back to PBSHR170.DLL? Thank you....
Hello. I am trying to import data to a datawindow from a tab separated text. The problem is our country's regional settings are set to "," for the sDecimal and "." for the sThousand symbols. When i use the dw_1.importfile we need those settings to b...
We are trying to install a .net web services on a clean Windows 2012 R2 server. Unfortunately, the runtime files installation of PowerBuilder 2012 R2 does not contain the required files. Steps Installation Windows 2012 R2 Installation IIS & ASP....
Hi Powerbuilder guru. I open a post in the hope that it will not go off topic. In the company we are trying to write a DLL that must be read by PB and Java. Abandoned the 'NET Assembly target' we wrote this DLL with Visual Studio c #. Assumin...
Greeting all. datawindow>column>properties>Edit>Auto Selection highlight entries and put cursor at the end of the entry when column get a focus? Is there is the way to change a color from blue to something else? Any help will be greatly appreciate...
Greetings All, I have been reading the Blogs on SCM and watched Bruce Armstrong's video with TortoiseGit. Two questions, please... 1) Is it possible to use SVN to connect directly to my repositories on Github?  For now, I will be the only person w...
I am trying to authenticate the user using the LDP, the configuration on the server (AEM) tested OK when I run the application on the mobile and enter the username and password I am getting Error code: -1 username is required. The script below on th...
Hi all, We developed a browser similar to another one present. It basically lists all the available forms based on the search provided by the user. For the first time when i am trying to enter the search values it works fine. But when i try to repea...

There are no discussions available here currently