Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
When I change something in the SQL part of the DataWindow, e.g. add a new column the dbname property changes and returning the the design part places all these changed columns new.  Any idea what the reason could be.   Regards Arthur  ...
I would like to try interfacing with GIT. Which gui do you suggest? what's the best? (I saw on the git-scm.com site that there are many) Thank you GMY ...
In PB 2017-R2 the environment object has the following values: PBMajorRevision = 17 PBMinorRevision = 0 PBFixesRevision = 0 PBBuildNumber = 1756   With R2 and future R3 having new features, I think it would be useful for PBMinorRevision t...
I created the project and i created a team project and one of the users can't see the project also he can't connect to tfs   UseID: aux_sys Project: i click in more and i select the server then the window of CHOOSE FOLDER IN TEAM FOU...
Hi PowerSphere.   Was wondering if someone implemented the "TOTP: Time-Based One-Time Password Algorithm" (RFC 4226) or the "HOTP: An HMAC-Based One-Time Password Algorithm (RFC 6238) Like this https://github.com/glacasa/TwoStepsAuthenticato...
I have entries in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\pb..." for my PB IDE's (pb170.exe and pb125.exe). I installed R2 on the 6th and it seemed to work fine but I cannot recall if I ran my applicati...
Hello, I've found in the source code of a PowerBuilder app a reference to object "idw_requestor", that has methods like "RowCount", "Find", and so on. Also in the internet many PowerScript snippets use this object. What is this "idw_requ...
Is there any way to have the Mobile Keyboard set to default all lower case or all upper case when user clicks on a text box. The way it is now is that the first character (when using alpha-numeric keyboard) always is caps and then the rest is all ...
PB 8.0.4 Got a trace from a customer from a SyntaxFromSQL: (23b7008): Select (...) (23b7008): GET EXTENDED ATTRIBUTES: TABLE=tablename OWNER=dbo (16 MilliSeconds) (23b7008):  Error 208 (rc -1) : Name of Object 'dbo.pbcattbl' in...
Hello, I did some searching and didn't find what I'm looking for.  I'm evaluating PB2017 (long time PB developer > 20 years) and trying to get my current company to buy.  I was able to get our current app (PB 12.5 w DB2) compiled and runn...
good morning, I cannot connect to PowerServer from PB or  Verify from browser. after installation documentation suggests to test i.e. (http://10.218.41.151:80/AEM/) but I always get... This site can’t be reached 10.218.41.151 refused to c...
PB 12.5 Oracle 12.1 PB driver O9, O10 or ORA Hello, It is very slow to open the datasource painter from the datawindow. The more tables are in the datasource, the more it is slow to open the painter. It's very painful. I can see th...
Trying to print a datawindow for the first time on IOS (IPad or IPhone) and the results are not good. When I run the application on PB Desktop the Datawindows all print perfect as the should. When I then run the application in PB Mobile on IOS ...
Which PB2017 runtime dlls are required to run created executable and pbds on users workstation ( created with PowerBuilder 2017 R 2 ) ? Thank you Anton   For PBuilder 9 we copied to the application path a.o. the following files: Core PowerBuild...
Hello, I've a PB Classic 12.6 application which use a DLL written in .NET. The application has been successfully converted by powerbuilder 2017 and it works. The problem is that if I use myOLEObject.ConnectToObject('mydll.class') i...
Hello, I downloaded 9.0.1689.00.apk to my Android emulator, but when I tap it Android says "Can't open file". Installation from unknown sources is enabled in Android settings. What am I missing? BTW, is there a way to make an Android emulat...
Hello all, sorry if this is a little off subject, but would it be possible for Appeon to have an european bank account for transfering my license fee? My transfer to Hongkong always costs me 38 Euro.   Best regards Bernhard   ...
Known issues with DB Name of computed fields If a named computed field is added in DataSource, its DB Name will be compute_, rather than the name declared in the computed field statement. For example, if you execute the following SQL statement t...
Hi! I need to create a webservice to consume it from a mobile application. The webservice, must create a pdf file and send it by email. Can someone guide me? I have already build a webservice and consume it but only the retrieve of the da...
The Rich Text Editor in PB 2017 is not working for us, so we are looking at implementing the TX Text Control X14.   We got a trial version and so far it seems to be working as expected in Development....we mainly are using the RTE Object and not with...

There are no discussions available here currently