Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all   I have migrated a pb12.5.1 application to 2017 , the migration and deployment went over great with no problems . I have a WS in the app ( i did export to a PBX file into the PBL file for the 3  soap objects instead of  putting the p...
When DWO is in preview mode, it looks fine on the screen. It prints fine too.  When savedas PDF! using the nativePDF! apporach, the resultant PDF introduces extra blank pages. dw_Main.Modify("Datawindow.Export.PDF.Method=NativePDF!") dw_Main.Modi...
Hi, I am from Latin America and I am migrating from pb1251 to pb2017, what should I do to make the date appear with 2017-ene-23 and not in English format like 2017-jan-24. There is something similar to EBF20964_localizaded. Thanks in advance ...
Hello, not sure if anybody can help me with this but thought i'd try.  I have an application that was originally written in Powerbuilder versio 7.0  years ago and has been runningsince about 1999.  I converted it to Powerbuilder version 12.5 awhi...
I'm planning to start an evaluation of Appeon Web shortly. The plan is to have a test server on a Windows PC, but the production one on Linux. So I think that means we need to go with Apache with a J2EE server. Am I right in seeing that JBOSS ...
I successfully migrated (trial)  PB 12.1 to Powerbuilder 2017 but my email which I send through SMTP (local) is not working. One of the errors I get is "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its permissions". My suspicion is th...
Hi, Good Day! is there a Powerbuilder Advance lectures? If yes, can you give the link. Thank you, Benjie Trinidad   ...
Description of PB Universal includes Appeon Web Apps*(*Server licensed seperately). Appeon Web FAQs - Appeon Web is not included in any edition of PB2017.  What does it mean? How much is "Server licensed seperately" ? ...
Hi,    I have saved the export method as PDF . Verified the DWO source code and found below. Please confirm if this looks correct.   export.xml(headgroups="1" includewhitespace="0" metadatatype=0 savemetadata=0 ) import.xml() export.pdf...
Hi,   Few windows are read only in PB2017 migrated application. The version it is migrated from is 12.5. Something strange happening. Some times after regenerating it works fine. I close the window and open again and then its read only again. W...
Hi, Good Day! I have INFORMIX 11.5, why that i cannot create DB profile? show you screen shot of error Thank you, Benjie Trinidad     ...
 In the DW Painter, set the data window property is reverting back to XML every time I set it as NativePDF! I did several times but when I opens the datawindow is backl to XML again. ...
PB already has regular expression Find capabilities when you are within a script for an object in an editor, or in Edit Source. Why can't that be extended to the Search feature on the System Tree? Surely since the basic code is already there for ...
Hi,  There is some solution for  Object pfc_n_cst_security.of_setcurity(graphicobject) / support@appeon send : For the classdefinition in pfc_n_cst_security.of_setsecurity(graphicobject), Please try the steps below:  1 Set the values of a...
Hello, I tried to migrate our project from PowerBuilder 12.6 to 2017. There are two workspaces; each workspace has a target and a library:   Workspace_A has Target_A which has A.pbl and   Workspace_B has Target_B which has B.pbl and A.pbd. I m...
I know that ghostscript is not needed anymore in PB2017. Can you please suggest how do I configure the datawindow to be printed without Ghostscript? ...
Can a .Net Assembly created with Powerbuilder be called by a Powerbuilder Mobile application.  If so can someone provide an example of 1) an assembly's namespace, file name, object name, class name and method name; 2) where the assembly files are...
Does Appeon have any plans to upgrade, implement, install, or otherwise deal with Source Control capabilities and/or options with regards to PB2017?   Thank You, Olan ...
Hello everybody, We are having an issue with our GUI application which is build in the Powerbuilder. We are trying to automate the testing of the application via using HP UFT automation tool. The problem is that the GUI window is correctly reco...
Hello, I am looking for a list of files that needs to deliver with a pb2017 winform application. When I copy the files of the maps     C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\DotNET\bin     C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBui...

There are no discussions available here currently