Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
New to PB 19. Migrating an app from PB 8 to PB 19. I have a short list of errors. Two at least appear to be PB related and not coding issues -  pfcmain.pbl(pfc_n_trp).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: transportpfemain.pbl(n_trp).2: Error C0001: Il...
Okay - I am not sure why this is happening, but I need to understand. When I execute the application via the IDE the SQLCA.dbparm = "DataSource='**************',TrustedConnection=1,Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient',Database='*******',CommandTimeout=...
Since the support of webservice component had end in the PowerBuilder we have to change the strategy to transform and generate the xml.I have been reading about the PBDOM for the XML parsing and this works well, But how about the generation of the XM...
I am developing an application where I need to show the user all the images associated to a particular inspection. I want these images to be grouped and displayed from left to right just like File Explorer does.  I would have thought PB would have t...
New to PowerBuilder 2019. I have two PB 8 apps that I will be migrating. Found the hard way that I have to have a DB connection for a full migration. I am attempting to set up a database profile but need guidance on the server connection parameters. ...
Hi Team, How to read mails from specific user created folder in outlook? Using the below logic to connect outlook from PowerBuilder: nvo_outlook.connecttonewobject("outlook.application")  nvo_outlook.Activeexplorer()    ...
Hi There, I need help on how do i upload a document into my powerbuilder web app running on powerserver. The document can be any format e.g pdf, word, jpf, png etc User can also retrieve. Thank you in advance....
Hi, I have the following code lines.    iole_OLE = CREATE OleObject result = iole_OLE.ConnectToObject(filename,"excel.chart")   it has been working correctly but since a few days the ConnectToObhect returns a -2, Class name not found.   The a...
We are currently experiencing a dll failure issue after upgrading from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2 with the pbdwe170.dll. Looking at some docs, it appears this dll is related to database access.  Below is the screenshot from the event log. C...
Has anyone been able to use the PBDOM_Element.GetChildElement method successfully in PB2017?  I'm using PB2017 R2 currently, won't be migrating to 2019 until R2 is GA.  Anyway, I have an element with 5 sub elements.  I'm able to get all of the sub el...
We are having a SOAP Connection build in PB12.5 for a webservice but in PB2019 its not getting connected giving error, what should I need to do? ...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3, Postgresql 11.6 By using the query Select a.itemcode as code, a.value as value, a.itemname as name, a.version as versionFrom  tablex aUnion All Select '' as codem, 0 as value, b.name as name, '001' as versionFrom  tabley ...
I am trying to connect two separate PB Classic applications. One is installed locally on my computer and the other is on a remote web based server. I want to call a function from the local PB application in the Remote PB Application and pass argume...
One of the column of my datawindow is a number and the value coming from SQL query column is a BIT with 0 and 1 value. For all 1 values its displayed -1 on datawindow. Have anyone faced same issue? Kindly share the solution for this issue?...
Hi all ,   I have a  problem when Saving a dw with Hebrew  to pdf . The file is un readable if Opening it mobile device  ( on PC it looks great )   Why is that ?   Thanks    ...
I need to call a oracle procedure from a package, but one of the parameters is a defined type in Oracle.   Is this possible in PowerBuilder?  If so, can you point me to the proper syntax?   I have already created a transaction, and used the  RPCF...
Hi All, I am working on Windows 7 platform. And printing a word document from an application created using PowerBuilder 2017. During this process i want to archive the same file in a physical directory in 'PDF' format.  Is it possible in PowerBuild...
I have a .NET assembly that I've generated from NVOs. One of the methods I need to call accepts a BLOB of a DataWindow state (calls datastore.setfullstate(BLOB), then performs validation on datastore). How would one go about generating a byte array ...
I am trying to deploy a web api I created with SnapDevelop from a development server to a production server and am getting the attached error when calling the api.  The api uses aspnetcore v2.1.1 (via nuget) and I had the client install that on produ...
First time joining this forum.  Currently running Infomaker V11.2, considered updating but we also have an old version of our ERP and are not sure if current Infomaker would be backwards compatible, but that will be saved for another topic later. Th...

There are no discussions available here currently