Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings, I just recently upgraded PB to 2017 R3 from PB 2017. No issues noted in upgrade and full rebuild was done with no errors.  I am now seeing my IDE crash when I run my application. This happens when opening a window using 'OpenSheetWithPar...
Hello If several different strong named assembly releases are deployed into the GAC (e.g.  Sybase.powerbuilder.core      v4.0_17.0.0.0_12345897d75b      v4.0_19.0.0.0_65789084e76b ) or in our case OLF.Agtech.Shared  etc.. How can we specify a ...
Hello fellow legacy modernization travelers Is it possible to do dynamic OleCustomControls ? When an ActiveX is placed on a visual container in the painter, the control is declared in the source code and the painter glues in some binary hidden stuf...
Apologies to everyone but as a company that has been using Powerbuilder for more than 20 years and we were excited for the themes hence rant below: RANT BEGINWell, we have been disappointed by Powerbuilder again. We were excited to use themes to giv...
What are some web host that are suited to host a Powerbuilder application? Our team is going from your standard Client/Server to deploying the cloud. Which web host will work out best for PB? Thank you...
I have noticed that DataObjectFactory.LoadDataWindow uses the App Domain's Base directory to find the pbwconfig file.  This will not work for us since we may have different DataWindow versions with the same name.  We need a way to dynamically set the...
Hello, We recently installed SQL SA 16 and loaded our data onto this new version coming from SQL SA 9. We were going through the deployment wizard provided by the PowerServer ToolKit when we reached the part to add a transaction object. We could not...
Hello    Back in 2012 Bruce Armstrong created a PowerBuilder.TV How-To video titled “Using .NET Assemblies with PowerBuilder”   The manifest creation tool he uses, GenMan32,   https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/junfeng/2007/04/14/genman32-a-tool-to-g...
I am new how to use Data Pipeline. So far I know how to create them and execute them in the GUI of PB2019 and it transfer the data with no issues. Now I want to use the pipeline object and execute it via PB Script and here it is where I do not know...
I am trying to open a https site with POST method to include ID and password to access the https site and open the site on the default internet browser. The POST I tried to use HttpClient and sendRequest method. But I cannot make it works. The return...
Hi Team, I installed PowerBuilder2019 in my VDI machine, this machine has no internet access. When I tried to activate the license using "Activate offline license manually" option, it is showing the below message. Message: "You can only use an onli...
Hello: we have developed a Web Service using PB2017 Universal version. The .msi installer has been created and the Web Service has been deployed in the test server. However when trying to invoke the WebService, the following arises: Line 74:     ...
I am getting the following error when attempting create a .net datastore in a deployed environment: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ComponentModel.Annotations, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its ...
Hello  I have several datawindows coming from an old application with graphic SQL written win Powerbuilder outer Join syntax (*= or =*). For example: select student.name, student_email.email from student, student_email where student.id *= student_e...
I created a .Net DLL (COM) and managed to use it in PowerBuilder (12.5 Classic)... so far so good... The downside that we need te register this DLL in order to be able to use it. I've read that there's possibility to use such a DLL withou...
My application was developed in PB 12.5 and I am migrating it to PB 2019. It runs from the IDE, but the deployed version on IDE machine errors out with message: DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation, where PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB'. On ...
Using PB 2019, we have migrated several datastores to a SnapDevelop .NET assembly. Looking through the various tutorials and sample projects, we do not see any examples of accessing datastore column values using object dot notation. All appear to use...
Hello All, During the migration of PB9 application to PB17r3. The POS function is automatically replaced with POSA in some places. However some places as it with POS function. So it is required to change manually POSA at the place of POS function. ...
Using PowerBuilder 19 and standalone compiler PBC190. All works as expected in PowerBuilder 19. When using PBC190, the creation of the dll's failes.Elevated Commandline is:pbc190.exe /d "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.pbt" /o "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.exe...
Hi, We have a workspace with 10 different projects; one of the projects has 20 additional libraries. This project takes 1m24s to compile using the PowerBuilder 19 IDE. Using the PBC190 utility takes over 2h (using Microsoft Azure Cmd task). Is ther...

There are no discussions available here currently