Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, How does one go about opening the user's default web browser and displaying in it HTML source code as a string without having to write the HTML to a temporary File? In other words an in-memory approach. And what about the new internal Chromi...
I have an client server application that's currently running in windows.. Some of users want want to use android tablets to access it..   I am not sure whether it's possible or not.. Please let me know how to do ?  if possible, please provide me we...
I have code that i need to use dynamic cursors for to scan for key values in referential testing. database is postgres. the first query must be in sql as the compiler does not recognize the @ character as SQL. it works fine. the second query canno...
Hello Everyone, When I try to open chrome browser thru Run option in Power Builder Run("chrome.exe"), it is not opening the chrome browser. But if I specify the full path of chrome exe it opens the chrome browser successfully. Run ("C:\Program Fil...
Good Day! I am experimenting with ASync=1 / RetrieveRow scripted so that my users can cancel long-running retrieval.  It works, beautifully, but I have not been able to get SetPointer( AppStarting! ) to hold its image. This means the user has no "n...
Hi everione,   I need send formData in httpclient.setrequestheader   has anyone done this?My code:long ll_returnstring lb_file//bloob lb_file http.setrequestheader( 'Cache-Control', 'no-cache')//http.setrequestheader('Content-Type', 'multipart/f...
Hi,   I'm just starting to use the .net dll importer and it seems to do what I need it to do. I've now progressed to the next step of deploying the application. This is my first stumbling block as the application seems to be looking in the director...
Hice un STORE PROCEDURE en MySQL para empezar a conocer sobre este tema, con el siguiente SQL Cuando quiero acceder desde el Perfil de Power Builder me sale errorObviamente no me permite crear el Procedimiento de almacenamiento de Datawindows. Sin em...
I am in the process of migrating of our old PowerBuilder 5 application to the new version 2019.  I ran the Migration Assistant and select the main libraries and completed Wizard.  I saved the files as txt file but it  won’t open in the Workspace( Fil...
i HAVE A SERVER ON PYTHON IS FROM A CLIENT, I MUST CONNECT TO THIS AND SEND DATA THIS SERVER RECEIVE DATA BY SOCKETS , HOW CAN I DO IN POWERBUILDER THANK YOU  ...
Hi All We have been using the HTTPClient successfully for months in one of our applications, it has stopped working and the following code returns a -1 for the call and an empty string for the responsetext. The odd thing is that the same EXE works o...
Hi,   Just thought I would let people know of a little problem we came across in using GIT and OrcaScr190, took a while to figure out but pretty obvious once the problem was identified. We have a large application of over 100 libraries and we use ...
Hi.I have a datawindow which worked fine in PB12.6, but is missing data after retrieve in PB2019r2.retrieve: dw_data.retrieve(lnDstid, lnJmtFrom, lnJmtTarget, lnTimeTarget, lnTimePrefix) => result = some data is missing if i get the sql-select li...
Hi, Will there be another beta drop before the GA? And when is the GA expected ?   Thanks //Steen :-)...
Hi, Some fellow workers are starting to use PB2019R2 and like to do the tutorial (https://www.appeon.com/appeon-u/pb). The demo applications installed with PB2019R2 are complaining on missing PBVM170.dll, so apparently those executables are created ...
I'm currently updating a report that one of my colleagues had built. This person has since left the organization. Currently, my report looks like this:     However, I need to group the header of my report by day of the week. For example like thi...
Hello"powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328""Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 2151.00"I'm using the product.I've tried a new feature called "WebBrowser" control.If you run it as an application, it works normally.butOperation of the "Appeon" deploy results in ...
Hi. Since moving to PB 2019 from PB 12.5.2, our customers with multiple monitors are reporting seeing some issues. Notably, they are running our MDI application on the secondary monitor, but certain windows such as response! windows are only opening...
Hello, While Deploy and run my API Application on client pc, this error show. "Faulting module name: PBSHR190.dll, version: 19.1.0.2353, time stamp: 0x5f1468c0"Attach Error Log file   Event Viewer Log: =========== Log Name: ApplicationSource: A...
Hi.   We have a beast of a server, running and AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 cores) CPU, a ton of memory and SSD storage. What is the best config in VMWare ESXi for a PowerBuilder buildserver? My understanding is that PB is fond of lots of cores and CPU ...

There are no discussions available here currently