Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello Community, PowerBuilder 2019 R All Versions of Word Does anyone have any feedback on why it is that if you open a Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled Template (.dotm) from Windows File Explorer, that you get the expected Security Warning message ...
PB 2019  Build 2082   using PostgreSQL 10.8  We have a problem reading values from column that is text data type with a length over 32768 characters. If the length of text is bigger we get only first 32768 characters We configure ODBC for database ...
Hello everyone, we are currently in the process of evaluating, if patching is a viable way of updating our product (PowerBuilder application). Recently I found a way to create and apply patches using the "diffUtils" and "patch" tool from the "GnuWi...
I have an Excel workbook with 24 columns by 25,203 rows that are in a tree structure. I'm using PB 2019 to open the Excel workbook read each row. Right now I'm just inserting the rows into the Oracle table and then reading the next row in a loop.  I...
Hi!   I would like to print a datawindow. The result is multiple pages, and I can set page range. dw.Object.DataWindow.Print.Page.Range = "2-3" but, if the datawindow is composite with inner reports then the page range property doesn't work. No p...
We pretty much tried everything we can think of but no matter what happens one of our PC's cannot load the toolkit.  Keep getting.   (PB2017 r3, Win10)     We have uninstall the entire PB, reinstall, reinstall using admin priv, uninstall and man...
Hi Sir or Madam,   I had setup the PowerServer web, with proper AEM configuration. HOwever, it failed/didnt  save to the table/database after i click save. There is no error return. I believe the connection to server/database is succeeded, because i...
Hi Everyone, I've got a question about how people are creating complex JSON for real world applications.  I'm updating an application to use a third party's REST API and some of the API calls require reasonably complex JSON to be sent. The JSON may ...
Hey guys, I've got a nagging little issue that's drivin' me nuts! PB2017 R2 Build 1769 Created a little window with only a single line edit field in it.  I'm not diving into what I'm using it for. It is what it is. The issue is that I can't paste ...
We just started to get the following error when trying to access our web app.  We have restarted IIS, the server itself and reloaded the application and still no luck.  Has anyone encountered this issues and if so what steps to find the cause.   Fa...
Hi everybody, I'm manipulating and printing MS-Word-Documents via OLE-connection. 1. opening a document 2. replacing bookmarks 3. printing and closing the document 4. open the next document ...   The print statement is        iole_word.activ...
Hello, We have recently upgraded our system to PB2017 from PB12.5 and noticed an issues when working with VSS source control. There is an issue in exporting and importing of DW with UTF data hard coded in it. When working with VSS, "SUB" character ...
I am using a DLL to create a QR, I compiled this and i have no errors, this is running in an independent application, but when i insert this into my main application,  I have this error: Unresolvable external fastqrcode when linking reference at lin...
Hi - Is it possible to get the Last Modified Date property from objects in powerscript from compiled code (PBDs).  Currently we are able to use LibraryDirectoryEx (below) to get it from PBL's but we would like to create something similiar for compil...
Hi. I try to implement a user settings file, user.ini, to store different settings for my application. The user.ini file content is liek this: [DATABASE]DBMS=ODBCServerName=demo_db In the application I try to read the settings like this: string ...
Hello, all I am having a problem refreshing a target using Orca script with PB2017 and VSS. All the objects in the library are refreshed, but the library itself is not - no new objects are downloaded, so the build fails. On the same machine from th...
We are currently using Git integration in PB 2017 R2 and moving to R3. Like others, we've set it up with .gitignore leaving out PBL's.  However, in PB 2019 R3 we have an anomaly where new objects that are "added" to a pibble show up in the ws_object...
PB 2017 R3 I'm consuming a third party REST service using httpclient and when parsing the returned JSON-string I do it with JsonParser. The number values in the returned JSON string are always supplied with a dot (".") for decimal point. It seems l...
I have tried a sample test for calling stored procedure in PB 2017. Tested SP as below create procedure sp_vm_test @in_parm varchar(10), @out_parm varchar(20) outputas begin set @out_parm = @in_parm + ' return from SP'end Coding in PB as below st...
 The company which I work for dosen't want to be capture for the reason of security.   Do you have the function which can  operate screen capture when I use Appeon Workspace?   If you provide API for  the fuction for screen capture, could you s...

There are no discussions available here currently