Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi PBers Do you use any tool or technique to add – maintain documentation related to your powerbuilder code? When the comments are just not enough to describe what your created and how is supposed to be used by the rest of the team?  ...
New #2328 is here and I have a hard time finding the bug fixes details of the release. I clicked every link in "Downloads" and can't find anything about or point to the update details.  Would you please add the link to patch notes in User Center - D...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3, Postgresql 11.6 Got a datawindow with few columns (all with autosize height property set), expecting the column (particularly accountnarration field) to grow in height and display the contents in full. But for a particular...
In our process to migrate our PB solution to web Api we are facing a problem about datawindows export to PDF. In fact it is a real important feature of our current solution, let our user beeing able to get some PDF reports on db datas and for this w...
For our application, we don't use the MSI installer to deploy the runtime DLL's on our client machines, mostly because we want a completely silent install.  I did try using the silent install options, but could never get it to work.  If I could get t...
Hi PBers The same syntax is used to create a datastore and a datawindow.  The datastore succeeds, the datawindow fails but without any error!   The syntax is correct because, the datastore is created successful and because I am able to create i...
I have an instance of "Oracle Express XE 18" loaded on a desktop. Using this desktop - I am able to connect to that XE with Oracle Developer, SQL+ and Toad - proving the validity of my tnsnames.ora and authentication protocols I am...
Hello We are migrating our trunk code from TFS (VCS, MSSCCI) to SVN. [We don't put the 1.5 gig of PBLs in SVN (total waste of space and effort) as the tool leads you to think you must do.  It works just fine without PBLs.  Branching works fine too. ...
Hello   How do I send an email without any third party and no outlook installed on the machine just using pb functions for define email address to , send from, file attach and so on ?   thanks...
Hi All, Is it possible to record audio on mobile devices with Appeon Mobile (PB 2017 R3)? I recall at some point in the distant past that an object called eon_mobile_recorderex existed that allowed you to record audio on mobile devices.  The same o...
Hi Dear   I am facing a problem to apply themes in PowerBuilder 2019 Version/build #: 2170   please check the attached file.   my application object do not showing the Preview in Application Properties for selected.Theme. like Theme Sample atta...
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-Inch 32 GB LTE It's running android version 9 (see image link below) https://i.ibb.co/XY7S8VN/Screenshot-20200419-120433-Settings.jpg ...however when I compile my project as .APK and just load it onto the device...
We have PB2019 build 2082. Using Sybase SQL AnyWhere 2017 on Window 2016 Server. Also We have Window 10 with a 16GB RAM, 500GB HD. on the clients. We have this application running for about 10 years. Was migrated thru different version of PB and sin...
Hi  How get the Dimension of JPG file Pixel x ..?? Pexel Y ??   thanks   Luis   como puedo optner las dimeciones de un archivo JPG Pixel X..?? Pixel Y..??   Gracias   Luis...
I am currently exploring Powerbuilder 2019 R2 trail version and trying to deploy my app using Power Server toolkit configuration wizard. But in "Select DB Types" section I am unable to find to use windows authentication mode for Ms Sql Server and stu...
PBv12.1, b7055Windows 7, 64 bit platform  Summary Any idea what this means from the Server Diags of LMTOOLS??This license cannot be checked out because:A PACKAGE component must be specified. ALso, this came from the SYSAM.LOG file:15:27:32 (lmgrd)...
1. We have a c++ dll compiled in CodeBlocks which has a function declared as below __declspec(dllexport) char * __cdecl vc_encrypt(char* vol, char* id); (MingGW compiler suffixes @8 to the function name when __stdcall is used in c++) 2. The functi...
Hi, we are currently using the PB2017 R2 (build 1769) for all our programs, working fine. I'm testing to switch to PB 2019 (build 2082). Our program (i've only tested one) runs fine in the PB 2019 IDE. So far so good... I made our own PBRuntime (li...
Good day,   I an issue with deployment of my mobile app... when using android mobile all datawindows are working fine..however, when using ios devices datawindow is not working. there is no dataobject on it.   please help....
Hello, support In my previous questions I was wondering how to utilize 3rd party .NET assemblies, which require returning and passing complex data types. In the responses I saw suggestions to create .NET wrappers for these assemblies. I am not sure...

There are no discussions available here currently