Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
If a case statement is used in the where clause of the select of the DDDW datawindow, an error occurs. ex) /* failed select */ select  a.major_cd as major_cd,          a.minor_cd as minor_cd,           a.cd_nm as cd_nm from   cob01t a where a.us...
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to trace the PB application using PB profiler and get the actual select strings for embedded SQLs. All I get in the trace file is "DB Select" for the name. I am working with PB2017 R3 Thank you  ...
Hello, all We are having the following problem. There is a very complicated window with 48 controls on them. Even when running on a very powerful machine it takes over 1.5 seconds before OpenWithParm function is called and the first line of the fir...
Our application has a feature where which columns are visible or not can be decided by the end user and the settings are stored in the database. When I loop through the columns to check the Visible property, all the columns return 1 (True). It appea...
Hi, Trying to connect to a SQL database with an AD account and not using a trusted connection. Is this possible with PB 2021 or do we need to continue using SQL users?   IOW 'adUser' is a domain account that has permissions to dbServer, but we are ...
New to PS 2021, trying to do a POC to show management.  I'm trying to create a POC on my local machine with Oracle.  In the Project/Database Configuration, it's asking me to specify the location of the Oracle driver.  I clicked browse and found the O...
In PowerBuilder 2019 R2, we have a datawindow with a column that is 5000 characters.  Users typically paste data into this column (from clipboard).  However, if the data being pasted in is greater than 1024 characters, the column will not allow that ...
Hello, Any issue in opening the appeon website (appeon.com)?  From yesterday it's not opening.  I tried in 3 - 4 computers, couldn't open in any computer(s).  I get the following error   However I could open https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-h...
Hello, When validating a powerbuilder process, by clicking on a save button, we trigger a window event. In this event we do a datawindow.print() and the buffering window appears, the event stops, but curiously we can interact with the window by clic...
Hello, Our PowerServer application gets AppeonWAShell message "Session is disconnected. Connect again?"  after the database SQL takes about 2 minutes 30 seconds. We are using PowerServer 2020, Oracle database 19, Dynamic Database Connection and Pool...
FYI folks... PowerClient... - Direct deploy to IIS succeeds as does the installation to the clients from IIS. - Packaging of Executable installer succeeds. - Choosing to Package the compiled app fails. After splitting the PBDs succeeds From the...
Hello, We are using Power Server 2020 with test license. How may we change the PowerServer Application title? The Application/Client Features/Application Title is setting as "For Testing Use Only -" on AEM and is not editable. Thanks, Jon...
Hi Everyone, What can be done to avoid DLL hijacking for a Powerbuilder application in a Windows environment. Files may be signed using Microsoft sign tool but this will not protect from hijacking unless you somehow use verify to check the  files ...
Hello, PB 2019 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Got blob data in one of our tables where images are stored, which we are showing in two different ways.   The output looks different in the display size.   Why? Left hand side:   which is a picture column [ Inser...
Trying to use the new [appname].xml file to specify the location of the runtime files but I am wondering what files should I place in there.  I know the PB Runtimes but what about PBX files, Oracle Files, INI Files, etc.?  I am assuming that this fe...
I have an old Powerbuilder 12.5 desktop application.  It has been running fine, and I'm in the process of totally rewriting it in another language. However, I'd like it to continue to work until I can complete that project. Recently, some windows u...
I noticed that PB 2021 is storing the icon file name in the source code of the application object. I am wondering when this was added. This is something I brought up to Sybase during the PB 10 beta and I brought it up a couple times since. I am very...
PB Appeon Team, Our company is holding PB2017 R3 Standard edition license for all PB developers. Now we are looking for more licenses for new developers. What we came to know from Appeon portal that standard versions are no longer for new license an...
We use Powerserver 2019 Build 2151.00 here. As of Friday 2/4/22 the mulitbrowser plugin has stopped working for our clients and internally as well since we use Chrome.They get the message:"Appeon Web application has quit successfully. Please refresh...
Hi all, I am trying to convert Excel macro commands into Powerbuilder script. The following macro script validates a column against a named list... Sub SetColumnList()' SetColumnList Macro' Assigns a Named List to a column Range("G3:G65536,G1").Se...

There are no discussions available here currently