Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
My colleagues and I are examining the capabilities of using Apache ECharts / Google Charts from the PB web browser control in PB 2019 R3. The demo applications provided in CodeXchange by Appeon have been very helpful in getting us started. We're try...
This issu is dddw not retrieve ServerAPI Control Faile. ...
GetModel<appfunc>(i,false) //24962 rows vs GetMode<appfunc>(i,true) //24962 rows Six simple compute column make get model,time from 64ms to 1755ms(27 times),memory from 10M to 137M(13.7 times)? Why? Test again: Core code: pub...
PB 2017 R3 1880 http = create HttpClient http.SetRequestHeader             ('Accept-Encoding',   'gzip,deflate') http.SetRequestHeader             ('Content-Type',        'text/xml') li_res = http.SendRequest         ('POST', ls_url,         ls...
Hi. We've recently migrated large app from PB 12.5 to PB 2021. It consist of more then a hundred of pbls, placed in 7 folders. From PB IDE, Build and Deploy works fine - makes needed pbds beside pbls and exe file. Now we need to atomate build process...
Hi, I need help and Steps on how to migrate Powerbuilder script to c# (SnapDevelop). Any link or article will be for help.    ...
Report: Conclusion from the report(24962 rows data tested): 1:when load data from db,datastore performance is good,time and memory almost equal to ado.net datatable. 2:when convert data to poco model (with six compute columns),datastore performa...
Hi, We have a legacy engineering application written in PowerBuilder (and Oracle) that handles data in metric (SI) units. There is a customer in the US that is interested in the application, but would like to use US units. Does anyone know of a si...
I'm using PB 2021 build 2703 on Windows 10 to communicate with a serial device through the COM4: port, using CreateFile and WriteFile API calls.  Everything works great, but the device I'm communicating with requires a character value 0 in a lot of i...
We have Infomaker 2021.  A report that was previously displaying in Landscape orientation is now only showing in Portrait.  We have verified the Print Specifications, and it is set to Landscape.  We tried creating a brand new report in Landscape as a...
Hi, I've a desktop application built using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 version. This application calls SOAP WebService developed in Java to authenticate users. Now, there is a requirement to implement the SSL/Certificate Validation or Pinning in this...
Hi All,   I am using PowerBuilder 2019R2 build 2353 and Oracle 19C.  Recently we upgrade our database from Oracle 12 to 19.   I have procedure which OUT parameter is date table type. before database migration its return proper value in PB's dateti...
I'm investigating using a .Net Assembly that our C# based web app uses, within our PowerBuilder desktop app. I am getting the following message from the CreateInstance function: Constructor on type 'OfficeOpenXml.ExcelPackage' not found. This code ...
Hi everybody,   We use some functions from Kernel32.dll to get a DLL version number. This have been always working until PB 12.5.2. But PB2017 R3 crashes when we call HeapFree fuction. EXTERNAL FUNCTIONS CALLED: Function long GetFileVersionInfoSi...
Hi Appeon,     Is there any .net datastore performance test to help developer to make decision to invest appeon's .net datastore tech stack?     Tell us why .net datastore  is better than  ms efcore、dapper or other ormapping framework.     Thanks....
{ Stopwatch st = new Stopwatch(); st.Start(); for (int i = 0; i < 1; i++) { ds = new DataStore<appfunc>(); } st.Stop(); Console.WriteLine("new datastore:" + st.Elapsed.TotalMilliseconds); } { Stopwat...
I wonder where and how to catch that "lost/timeout connection". I guess transaction timeout is the important one - because it will be shorter than the others? I  have tried both dberror and error event in u_dw and also tried error event i n_tr ...
Hello, When I open an application developed by others [ say concatpdf2019], I get the following message (warning).  How I know what runtime version is used to compile that project? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hai, I have a doubt.... How can manage the script execution ?.  that is... In a button click have lot of line and prepairing a datawindow from various tables and conditions. After that I want to open a window (window type = popup) and doing some ...
Hi, we are currently facing an issue in the systems of one of our clients in which printing pdf documents, out of our application, consumes round about 5MB Memory per Print and doesnt free it. Since our application is still 32-Bit and our customer ...

There are no discussions available here currently