Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi, We would like to know if there is any recommended/max number of sessions per server with PowerServer Web APIs deployed. Servers configured under load balancer. The deployed solution consists of chatty applications.   Below is the configurati...
We need to print shipping labels in a customer project. If possible, we want to map this via the datawindows. Does anyone know of a way we can use NVE / SSCC barcodes on datawindows? Is there an external tool for this?...
Hi,   How can I report the amount of FREE memory on the computer from a 64bit pb application. (.exe) I have tried the below function but it reports 2 GB in 32bit and 0 in 64 bit exe.. any clue ?    Subroutine GlobalMemoryStatus (ref os_memorysta...
We have a report which is built with nested data windows and want to change the color of the graph in the graph data window (which is nested in another data window).1. When using SetSeriesStyle - dw_main.Object.dw_graph.Object.dw_graph1.SetSeriesStyl...
I have a situation where I'm creating a text file in my application, successfully closing it using FileClose, then using Run("notepad "+[filename]) to display it. All works well except that when I try to create a 2nd text file after that, the file is...
Hi All, What is the way to change the color of the title bar of the main window of the application(frame)? please find the attached example Regards, Marina...
Hi,   How can I detect when a row in the drop down datawindow is selected or the dropdown is closed?when the scrolls up and down using the keyboard the the ItemChanged event is triggered so that is not an option Basically I need a way to run come ...
Am I right in thinking that if I have a non-visual COM object, that I can connect to with ConnectToNewObject on an OleObject, there is no way to see or process events that it might throw? I know about using a user object OleObject so I can catch the...
Is there a maximum size for the tooltip string text of a datawindow colum?...
Sorry, second one today. PowerBuidler 2019 R3 build 2728 Windows 10 We have switched all our old Internet Explorer activeX controls to the new PowerBuilder web browser control and everything works great, until our .NET developers changed our login...
Hi: I am migrating pb6.0 to powerbuilder 2021 but it shows error as below,  gs_uid is global variable, so, Where can I declare powerbuilder 2021 global variables?   ---------- Compiler: Errors (下午 01:18:44)security.pbl(w_login).cb_ok.clicked.6: E...
Hello, In VisualBasic application, Internet Explorer browser control implementation was done as below.  Is there any sample for WebBrowser control to post data similar to below implementation?  Thanks. Dim strPostData As String strPostData = "uid=...
Hello, A customer reports that he was able to retrieve the login password stored in SQLCA.logpass using the process hacker tool. He asks us to secure this. How can we do this? Thank you in advance. Pierre...
I have a string array that I want to apply to a column so that array item one goes in row one, item two goes in row two, and so on. I could loop through them and do a SetItem but I was hoping for dot notation that would work in this code: DWObject ...
We recently migrated a 32 bit PB 8 app to 64 bit PB 19. Everything is looking good except for printing. The app generates "Error Number 14. Error opening DLL library pbvm80u.dll for external function...." I have done a search on the error and it loo...
Hello, Recently, when I create a new data window, or modify the select of an existing data window, the name of the column in the datawindow will be a combination of the table and column name. I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build 1915.For example if...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055PowerBuilder 2019R3Windows 10 64 bit platformI'd like to be able to generate QR codes from either version of PowerBuilder, and do so without paying massive amounts of money. Is this possible? If so, how can I make QR codes ha...
Hi, PB 21.0.0.1506   We use the third part Tx Control 12. in my developpement environnemt in Runtime Mode it works well. On Client Machine i get this error. I controlle that i copy all the dlls and files, the ocx is registered. We don't have too...
Like many of you I need to be able to close a tab page using the standardised close button located on the tab-page (like in any browser) However that feature is NOT available in PB and will not be for the next 1.5 - 2 years (at least) even though it...
Hello.It's a browser dedicated to powerbuildersIwarunner is currently in use.Calling iwarunner.html to url on a web page will currently run iwarunner and change the initial url to about:blank. There's a problem here.After iwarunner runs, about:blank ...

There are no discussions available here currently