Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, I created a global datastore to retrieve SMTP email settings... when I retrieve the datastore, the retrieve function returns -1.  I know there is 1 record in the database, and the record shows up in the datawindow painter.  Here's the code ...
Hi guys I have a client who would like to know what IP address/port is needed for PB license call? Thanks in advance David...
Hi Guys W have a client that has made a major upgrade to the UI including adding Themes. They deploy their application in a terminal services environment. Apparently the application is using twice the amount of ram per user than it did before and un...
Hi All We have converted a clients appliaction to use the new SMTPClient to send emails. They work fine on our environment but in their network the email is being wrapped within another email. This is the explanation we got from their IT. I believe...
Hi     Using Powewrbuilder 2021 Build 1509 i imported a snapdevelop wrapper dll into my app and it worked fine. Until i get a new machine. I can run the app with the old dlls and the app works fine gets into the dll and do its job on debug   but ...
How to calculate the 'Present Value' in Powerbuilder given the rate, monthly payment amount and the number of months? The Excel formula would be PV(). Example in Excel: Rate = 10% Monthly payment = $2,500 Number of months = 48 payment due at th...
Update: Bug is fixed with PB 2022 R2. pbx 64bit works fine again.   Hi, We have been using Bruce Armstrong's version of the PBNI SMTP module for a number of years and have just started migrating from PB 2021 to PB 2022 (1900). The 32 bit version ...
Looking for advice regarding the PB.INI setting UseHwnd. I've seen multiple comments indicating when this is set to No, (UseHwnd=0) it can provide significant performance gains.  For anybody using this setting can you tell me where exactly you see ...
We are using PB 2022 R2 2828 and have noticed that all our line graphs are now equipped with data (bullet) points, as the Modern graphs are being used. Release notes state: The default hollow box symbolvalue for line charts has been replaced with a ...
PB 2022 R2 2828 PB use to always re-open on the monitor it was on last but since going to R2 (I think) it is only opening on my second monitor even though I close it on my primary.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a registry entry I need...
Hi Team,           If we upgrade our current PowerBuilder license from standard to PowerServer license then can we use the new PowerServer license to our existing application or we would need both the licenses? Thanks in Advance!  ...
what advantages does PDFDocument.ImportDataWindow(dw) provide over using the datawindow saveas? I see this is a new feature of the pdfdocument, but i am wondering why this was added since we already have the saveas(pdf) with the various export.pdf o...
Hi all. I am trying to add my PB2017R3 workspace to a SVN repo hosted on our company's NAS, which is available via a svn:// url. I can connect to the repo from TortoiseSVN without any issue, while trying to connect from PB gives me this error: "Fail...
All, I have several applications that are running on a Windows server using IIS and Oracle databases.  All work well and I have configured everything to make them run.  I have an application currently that runs in Client Server that the users want t...
Hi, We have created a small PB application and distributing it with PowerServer 2022R2, licenses for 150 users. When user starts the application and Login screen is opened the database connection MS SQL 2019 is not working yet. It can take 1second ...
Hi all, Thought I'd give PB2022 R2 a try... just changed my MDI window to TabbedView.  Pretty cool! I'm using PB2022 R2, PFC12.5, Windows 11.  I have a custom tab object, ufolder_lab,  inherited from the pfc's u_tab... utab_folder.  ufolder_lab is ...
Hi, After developing for more than 25 years on a Sybase (SAP ASE) database, we are migrating to MS SQL. We are using the native ASE interface for our database connection. We have some large Powerbuilder applications that rely heavily on this databas...
Hello, We have a number of processes in our application (PowerBuilder 2021 build 1288) that we have multi-threaded where the callback function on the callback nvo returns the thread id as a LONG, a status code message as a STRING and the raw JSON as...
Hi,I have a data window (dw) with that has a column which also has a drop-down-datawindow list box (dddw). The PB version is PB CloudPro, 2022R2,  build 2819 Here is an example; A dw has one column bord_type (header text is "Type") and in this case...
PB 2022 R2 2828 import from DotNet dll,and get a object like n_dotnethelper   n_dotnetHelper ln_hlp ln_hlp = Create n_dotnetHelper .....   int li_rtn  li_rtn = ln_hlp.RegisterObject('w_sub',  w_sub)  // success return 1   //c# invokePBevent...

There are no discussions available here currently