Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Everyone We are experiencing an issue after applying themes to a complex application. We are seeing a noticeable delay in window opening response times between no theme and a theme being applied. On some windows the opening delay is approximately...
Hi Guys Just running a test withthe new SMTPClient and found this: SMTPClient.Message.Reset() does not clear the HTMLBody string If you then try and send a Text only message setting the TextBody, when you send the email it goes withthe previous HT...
I am working in Powerbuillder 2022 R2 and I am getting an error on the Update function of a datawindow. I am getting thrown off by the error saying the sql has "ORDER BY". I assume the data window is generating the update statement. If so, why would ...
I am trying to use a datawindow and insert a row with a stored procedure. The table is very simple.  It just has an id and a name column. The id column of the insert is an identity column.  The stored procedure returns the identity value when it co...
I have a dddw placed in grid DW, the dddw should get the data column (short_name-eg: 'ABC') & display column (fullname) & both are string. But in table the stored value for data column of dw is stored in lowercase (eg: abc). In such case the...
I am new using RichText control and also I am just trying out. When user doubleclick on a text column of a dw the RichText Editor become visible. So they type whatever in the RichText and if they DoubleClick in the RichText then I want to copy the te...
Hi! I've had a security audit of the app we've made with PowerBuilder 2019.In that audit an issue came up with the app trying to call C:\pb190t\build\unicode\DrawEx.dll.To avoid dll hijacking the dll should be placed in the same folder as the app. ...
After using PB2022 R2 for about 6 hours this day, the IDE crashed (no surprises here).Now each time I am trying to start it, I get the following message, so I am unable to use IDE! I tried restarting the computer (Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2), rein...
Morning Everyone Has anyone used PowerBuilder to access an Azure Key Vault secret? In it's simplest form it's a HTTPS Get which is not difficult, but I'm trying to understand the security authentication required. If someone else has cracked this one...
Hello All,   I am getting an error that I cannot resolve after trying multiple attempts at solving it. My coworker can deploy fine to the IIS server with no issues. I am using the same project that was cloned from the Git server. In this workspa...
hi guru, PowerBuilder Runtime version : PB2022 R2 build 2828 I'm trying to use jsonpackage to extract value for "distance" and "duration"...but seem the result was not correct.  Please help to advise what wrong with the parser...many thanks.  The ...
Hi, I migrated my PB from 2021 to 2022 (22.0.0.1892). While I am going to print any data, it is taking too times to send the data to printer. Until migrate, there is no any issue in the printing area..   Have any solution ?...
Hi all, I'm using RPC to call MSSQL stored procedures. local externa function on transaction object  function long PORADI_DNE(datetime DATUM,ref int SEKVENCE) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "dbo.PORADI_DNE" If there is  raiserror ('Error from procedure',3,1)...
Hi,   I've DataWindow with EditMask fields. I know how to set numerical masks with # chars. But the '####' mask ignores multiple 0 chars on lead. I can trim 0 chars on lead ex. 000754 to 754. Is possible to set a mask to block entry 0 char before t...
When I open (navigate) to a PDF in runtime I get a menu with save icon its looks nice. During runtime no save icon and only download icon and it does nothing. Looks like a chrome download screen   What is is missing ? I dont receive any errors.   ...
Hi, I'm a developer from C#. In WinForms, I can disable/enable the rendering of the form (window). How can I do it in PowerBuilder? What is the best solution to freeze (disable rendering) all controls on view in PowerBuilder? Regards, Pawel  ...
Hello everyone i'm trying to understand how PostgreSQL is behaving against Powerbuilder 2022 R3, in particular the auto-increment columns. I've create a new postgres DB with a simple table called "test"; Reading the documentation i see that there ar...
Hi PB community... Is there any way to obtain the parent menu of a menu? If for example I have the reference of a leaf menu, can I "travel" from that menu to it's root? I know I can use the item[] property to get the child menu items, I suppose I ...
Could you recommend a product to perform DAST and SAST scans on PowerBuilder code?...
Hello all, We are running PB2022 V1878. I need a way to convert word docs, excel files, etc to pdf programmatically. We are currently using Win2PDF as a printer, but I can't seem to find a way to convert. We've just started using pdfdocument to pdf...

There are no discussions available here currently