Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm using PB 2022 R2 Build 2828. I upgraded the PFC version correlate with PB 2022. So I have a window with the inv_resize active. Everything is working perfect. The dw are resizing perfect the columns are resizing (construction event register every...
I want to display the company logo and the report title only in the first page, So far in searching the web I found and tested the following -- In the Print Page event datawindow A.) IF Pagenumber > 1 THENdw_report.object.p_header.Visible=fals...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! I have question regarding application full and incremental build. Our application is in PB2017R3 version containing 93 pbls and around 7500 PB objects. We are currently using PBC17.0 exe to build the exe and pbds but ...
Hello, I don't think I've ever tried this, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is a known issue. I'm trying to modify a list of values of a datawindow column that has the DropDownListBox edit style but does not have an initial list ...
Hi all, I was wondering when to use SetTrans() instead of SetTransObject() for a datawindow? I find the PB help (2019 R3) pretty confusing when it mentions "internal transaction object". BTW: In 30 years, I've never had to use SetTrans(). regards...
Dataobjects created with PB2022R2-2819 get an error when i try to deploy/regenerate them with PB2022R2-1900.Error message = Datawindow error: Line 195 Column 242: incorrect syntaxWith 'edit source' line 195 = '         dptl_mdpstdtbl.nd1std as nd1std...
Hi, We have several PB apps that share some common libraries (like the PFC ones for example). Whenever I've done a full build of an app and want to run another app, I have to do a full rebuild of that app first. If not, things blow up randomly and I...
Hello everyone, I am running my app on the client PC and I am getting the following error in the following code segment: function: of_printdlg, Code: 32 long ll_hwnd 34 ll_hwnd = handle (aw_obj)35 if ll_hwnd = 0 then36 return -137 end if 39 retur...
When I right-click on an object in the System Tree and select "Properties..." from the popup menu, one of the reported properties is: Size in Bytes. How does PB determine this value? Depending on the object type, the reported value may or may not be...
Started getting a deployment error.  Checked IIS server event viewer and saw an user audit failure - "an account to failed to log on." It listed the account i use via webdeploy as the 'account name' HOWEVER, below that it lists "account for which l...
Under normal situations my right-click looks like this. The following crash occurs in either runtime or EXE. 2019 R3 build 2728.  When focus is set to the desktop and without setting focus back to the application, we immediately right-click on the...
Hello,  Using PB 2022 R2 B 2819 Just converting the MDI window into tabbed one.   When opening a window through menu, it opens at the left end.  Is there any way to make it open at the right end?   That will give an 'additon' tab effect. Happines...
Sql Server 2019 PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2728 app.ini connection (server X'd out) DBMS="ODBC"DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=XXXXX',ConnectOption='SQL_INTEGRATED_SECURITY,SQL_IS_ON', MsgTerse='Yes',DisableBind=1,DelimitIdentifier='No',TrimSpaces=1"...
Hello, Everytime I refresh my PBL, few objects always gets imported everytime. Why this is happening if I am done refreshing first time? Ideally, my PBL should have the latest object after first refresh. This is happenning to same objects even they ...
Not complaining, just joining effort to make PB a better product...Background: New Windows11 box, no development software installed. Then installed: SQL Anywhere 12 64bit, SQL Anywhere Studio 9 32bit, PB installer, PB 2022 R2 (all options), SQL Anywh...
Hi All I've installed PB2022 and build a small application to deploy with PowerServer. The deployment runs through OK but when I open the SnapDevelop C# code I get errors loading the project. An example of the errors are: Error NU1301: Failed to r...
Hi, How do i declare ismtp_email variable? ...
Short of writing a custom interface, can anyone suggest an alternative to the PB standard functions GetFileOpenName() and GetFileSaveName()? We are wanting to let users select a file for open or save, but restrict their ability to change the folder b...
I upgraded an application from 2021 to 2022 R2. I generated the compiler generated xml files for 2022. When we test the runtime packager on test computers, the runtime files get installed in a different folder than what is in the xml files. Is there ...
Hello everyone !I have defined a string variable and assigned it the value of today's date. However, the actual result is the compilation time of the exe, not the current date. i'm not sure if this is a PB bug. The following is my test code, and you...

There are no discussions available here currently