Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,   I am very new to powerbuilder. I have a screen to save/update Japanese characters in Database. (Sybase ASE) But I get a DB error code 102. I want to check what is the exact query being run which throws this exception. Where I can I find ...
Hello, I have a query regarding compilation in PB 2017 R2.  I recently deleted code in my data window file(w_splash_screen). I did a full build and deploy in PB 2017 IDE. I see that my changes are reflected.  Locally, when I compile using command ...
Hi team, 'sybase datawindow ps' not working on windows 10 whereas it was working fine in window 7 Now the end users are started using window 10 and reported issue that it's not working please let me know how to fix this issue.    Thanks, Aaron...
I had to reinstall PowerBuilder 12.5.2 today and now my PowerBuilder 2017 R3 IDE won't display. When I launch the PowerBuilder 2017 R3 program it does the licensing check and then disappears. The process exists in the taskbar but when I hover over i...
I use a lot of checkboxes in my PB applications, but I've never had the need for a "3-state" checkbox until now.  The programming syntax seems pretty straightforward, but, in my application, the control is NOT working as expected.  Is there anything ...
Hi all, When exporting large numbers to JSON using the ExportJSON DataWindow method the numbers are converted to scientific notation and precision is lost. For example, a number like 284,932,785.56 gets converted to something like 2.8493E+08 (don't...
Hi Is there any plan in the future to support .net standard (2.0) with powerbuilder c# integration? Background: We have many ASP.Net Webservices and want to use Powerbuilder c# integration, but we don't want to migrate our ASP.Net Webservices to AS...
Hello, i'm trying to merge 2 JSON Strings with jasonpackage.setvalue.Unfortunately the key 'aeao' will be appended not be replaced.Maybe somebody see what am i doing wrong?   JsonPackage ljs_pack string ls_Json string ls_aeao integer li_rc ...
Greetings to the community, I need to send a photo via HTTP, using the post method to a server in C #, this photo is captured by the camera in powerbuilder on the device with appeon mobile and is stored in the cell phone memory.   Thank you...
Hello everyone The DBMS I'm using now is O10, the oracle client is 11g, and the database server is 12c. Officially, if the client is 11g or 12c, the DBMSs need to use ORA, so I have a few questions. 1. Why did I use O10 to connect to the database w...
  Hello, We have two Powerbuilder applications communicate via DDE. PB application hangs on and waiting for OUTLOOK.exe. Immediately after closing the outlook, application starts running.  it happens on 64 bit PCs. Win 7 and Win 10 64 bit PCs. n...
What is our need: When a user logs into the app all data written to and retrieved from the database needs to be unique to their tenant. Where we are now: Our app is going from the desktop client/server to the web. Data was physically separated by ...
Hi Guys   I've set up an Source Control System with SVN and a Continous Integration system with Jenkins. I've one workspace with 4 targets with some pbls shared Moreover on different target I've the same object in different pbls For instance for...
Hello. We have two PowerBuilder applications which communicate via DDE. When MS Word or MS Excel is running, the application stops when executing the command OpenChannel(). It only waits, there is no crash, error or some return code. As soon as I st...
I have a very wide DW, where I want the user to be able to continually see the first two columns, while scrolling horizontally to see the rest of the columns. That is exactly what Excel's Freeze Panes feature allows. What I have come up with so far ...
Hi! How to add extra icon to a picture button or command button, without any picture manipulation. for example https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_icon_buttons.asp Icon buttons with text   Regards, Géza        ...
What is the best way to parse a complex XML/SOAP response message to a (internal) objectmodel (without using the [obsolete] webservice proxy functionality) ? Thanks in advance....
hi guys what the current state of the Native PDF...we are currently using Amyuni which is pretty good functionality wise but support wise is a bit of a headache(dll becoming unreg, etc). How is everyone finding a Native PDF...we love migrate the Nat...
We have a treeview in which we currently pull all rows and then use dwfind to scroll to the users last row or the one they selected in a search.   I need a way to reduce memory usage on our servers and rows to disk could be a start, but how does it...
Hi guys, Right now I am using PB 12.6 on W7. With this command I open an oleobject connecttonewobject ("InternetExplorer.Application").I need to migrate it to W10. In W10, the company wants to use Edge.Does anyone of you know how I can proceed? If ...

There are no discussions available here currently