Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I am new to PowerBuilder and I'm currently taking the Appeon-U Fundamental Course with PowerBuilder 2017. I am connected to the PB Demo DB V2017 database that comes with the installation. I am able to connect successfully and view as well as modi...
Hi, I posted this on the SAP forums, but this looks like the place to be. We're in the process of refactoring a large PowerBuilder application with the goal of keeping our business logic in PB and exposing it as an API for .NET developers b...
Hello all, in the Rich Text Edit Control TX Text Control shipped with PB 12.6 it was possible to set the font before doing a ReplaceText with the undocumented function: long ColorLogFont105 ( long hWnd, ulong Msg, ulong wParam, ref s_logfont cl...
Seeing different results on datetimes returned by reference from ASE 16 Stored procedures.  When the time stamp is 00:00:00, the procedures returns 12 AM (00:00:00) from PB, but 12 PM (12:00:00) from Appeon.  This can cause issues when dates are c...
I'm not finding an entry for MySQL in the ODB170.INI file, so retrieval of identity keys isn't working. I found the following on the web somewhere: [MySQL] PBSyntax='MySQL_SYNTAX' PBNoCatalog='YES' PBTableOwner='NO&#...
I was using Sybase Datawindow Designer 1.5 and now i am trying to use Powerbuilder 17 (Sybase Datawindow) components into my C# Code. Is there any help in how we can use new Sybase.Datawindow components to C#.NET regarding the transaction connecti...
Dear all, We are going to deploy and publish our first mobile application to PowerSever, and then publish to public internet, while concerning on the security implication. Http is plain text and information could be captured include ID/PWD when...
Hi ,   I am working with MS sql 2008 ( and above ) with pb12.5 ( and now will be 2017 ) classic , Windows 7 , 10 (64 bit , 32 bit machines Why the datawindow is saved to the  data base with the max length for each field full with spaces ? ...
I've been struggling trying to create a new program in PowerBuilder 2017 - mostly because of a waterfall affect of migrating my old PFC libraries.  One corrupted object breaks another, and another, and nothing is working.  Is there any place I ca...
Can check out fine, but when I try to check things back in the OK button is disabled. Anybody with any suggestions? b  r  a  d ...
Greetings All.  We recently upgraded to PB2017 from PB12.6.  We are having issues with pbnismtp.  I created a new library and imported the pbnismtp126.pbx file and compiled a pbd.  I added the new pbd and the pbx file to the working directory of the ...
Hello, we try to read (larger) files with the filereadex function into a blob. Our application crashes with a "Bad runtime function reference" error. I tried with around 500 files and found 5 files with this error.  I also found this bug report...
This article is written in Google Translator.. :) Hi,  I have been using PB10.5, and I am currently reviewing the migration to PB2017. PB2017 provides two options for the deploy option. (for x86 / x64) Are there differences in performance...
When will appeon web will support powerbuilder 2017 for deployment ...
AEM has an active transactions screen that displays the session id, transaction id, and duration.  I need to be able to get this information from within PB and web services call. Unless i am missing something, it doesn't appear that this is avail...
I was looking through the product manuals library for Appeon and hoping to find a document with some of your I expect hard-learned lessons on best practices for Appeon Web apps with lots of users, but didn't find anything. (I expect to have thous...
Hi, I am trying to call a web service from a shared object in my PowerBuilder application. It seems that the shared object cannot find the web service proxy dll, I get error message "Error calling method of a PBNI object" when calling the proxy. W...
Helow ?How do i change the frame menu's font size headers ( not the drop down  menu itmes )  the drop down font size is controlled by the menu painter   thanks       ...
Hello, I have followed Bruce Armstrong's detailed steps to configure GitHub as my version control with PB 12.5.2.  I just had a few questions which I posted on my forum here - http://pbgeeks.com/forums/topic/powerbuilder-github/ 1. How c...
HI - our PB 12.6 app is currently running on SQL Anywhere V16 and we are considering a move to PostGresql or MariaDB for the future with PB2017 Can anyone comment on usability and stability of PB2017 with MariaDB or PostgreSQL? ...

There are no discussions available here currently