Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm getting an error message when trying to perform a Git Pull from the repository on the server: Git detail error info: Cannot locate remote-tracking branch 'origin/master'Git client error code: Requested object could not be found. Because of inval...
Dear Appeon: There is another security issue to ask your advice, Is there any way for Powerbuiilder to prevent code injection by marking memory regions as non-executable? as we known ASLR, DEP, and SafeSEH are considered best practices for all devel...
Hello All I have used the below syntax which is not converting the encoding standard to UTF8! from ANSI!. fileopen(as_filename,LineMode!, Write!,LockReadWrite!,Replace!,EncodingUTF8!) The above statement is returning -1 if i'm passing EncodingUTF8...
I've tried the example titled "PFC Resize without PFC" by Kevin Ridley (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerbuilder/268-pfc-resize-without-pfc#409) and it works fine for window controls, but I've tried to get resizing to work on ...
Hello,   I see that we can control when the toolbar shows up on a datawindow column of edit type "richtext" using      Is there a way to make it fixed on top of the column in question just as if we use the richtext control on a window? ...
Hi Team,   I have a menu , in this menu all the menu items are added dynamically. Now I want to add '3' submenu item for a particular menu item. How can I do it. My approach --------------- In the menu, I found out what is the index number where...
Hi,   I'm using PowerBuilder 12.5 Classic and want to retrieve the username/computer name of the client upon login.   I have tried some scripts, but none of them are working. I need help with this. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. ...
InfoMaker 2022 Build 1892 One of our customers is running our PB app and InfoMaker using Remote Desktop. If they attempt to generate an executable report in InfoMaker, they get this message: "One or more of the files in your Library could not be ope...
I am working on customizing a menu.  One of  the menu choices is called Favorites, and you can have up to 9 favorite items in this submenu.  I have a function that will rename the 9 items and make them visible (if you only have 6 then only 6 are visi...
I have a datastore update that works fine running through the IDE but fails on the Web.  It gives no error.  I've run through the debugger and get the same.... if ids_customerproductdata.Update(TRUE, FALSE) <> 1 then     A database error ha...
Will the new PowerBuilder 2025 be x64 ?   Thanks   //Steen...
Hi All When I use PB2022 GIT Pull code locally, I can't refresh to the latest object and every time I get the following message anyone can tell me how to fix it? One or more PowerBuilder objects failed to compile in your local PBL(s) after getti...
Hi I keep getting tripped up by PowerBuilder using prior build bits of code from the cache instead of what I'm wanting built. ie it looks like it saves build info to: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Temp\pbappscache 22.0\cache\[application] And dec...
We have the same application running both client/server and powerserver. When the application starts the login screen pops up, and after login the main MDI window opens.   In client/server after i click the desktop icon to start the application, f...
Hello all, We're working on a project that will open Excel, call a stored procedure, create a chart, print as a pdf then close.Using PB2022R2 Build 2828. Thanks to Tobias we have a very nice OLE example that does everything we need, except the abil...
Hi Sir,    Currently I am working on my linux box to become PowerServer/WebAPI. I am using nginx, and i had followed this https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022r3/Installing_Nginx_Linux.html  to install nginx. And now, was stuck at this https://docs.appeon....
We are using PB 2022 R3 Build 3356 for our App.  We are able to successfully build the project, but when trying to copy the App.EXE into any drives (local or network) we are getting an antivirus error. All the other project files including the PBDs ...
Hi! I'm running PB 2022 R3 build 3356. I grabbed the Server Management Console from CodeExchange. I ran it against the default demo stuff and it worked just fine. https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerserver/297-server-management...
Anyone have any suggestions on a way to measure the latency and overall network performance between the powerserver app and the web api server?  within a powerserver application?   We have some users that appear to have poor internet performance - ...
Hi Guys We have an application that we want to deploy using PowerServer. The core database will be cloud hosted that all works fine. However, the app needs to connect to a 3rd party database that will be on the Clients local network. How do I config...

There are no discussions available here currently