Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
For example opening up dialogue to get albumn item or path. i.e li_filetype = 2 // Simultaneously displays the photo or video in the album ln_camera = create eon_mobile_cameraex li_return = ln_camera.of_openalbums (ls_filepath) st_path.Tex...
Hi there, some 8 weeks ago I filed bug report #288. As we rely on the solution, I'd like to monitor the progress. Bugzilla does not accept my Appeon account. Where can I go? Who can I ask? Thanks Martin ...
This is follow-up to earlier an question. With the default installation of PowerServer from PB 2017 Universal, I get an error creating native Oracle datasource with 32-bit client (from full Oracle client install, not instant client): "Testing D...
Hi, We are working on upgrade to Powerbuilder 2017. We tried to deploy 64-bit Powerbuilder application to Windows 10 System. We have some .Net Component communicate with PB using OLEobject call. All .Net component build as AnyCPU. But communicatio...
Hello, I am running PB 12.6. In the application, there is a window with a user object that is not visible.  During regular running of the application, the object is made visible and brought to the front.  This works in the IDE just fine, however, ...
Hi All,   We have been testing our application manually for a very long time which is in Powerbuilder but just wanted to know if you can perform Automated testing on our powerbuilder aplplication, please let me know the name of the tools and th...
Hello all I want to enable the user to take a file attached to an email and join it to a record in a data window ( the link to it ) or the whole message . Does any one did or have an idea how to have it done ? I saw once a vendor that adds a...
I have just installed the maintenance release build 1681, my main issue being the native PDF quality. The quality, I am happy to say, is now excellent, but.. At the moment, I create PDFs using the PDFCreator (version 1.7) API which works perfectly. T...
A suggestion for our current problems with the new RTE control is that it is possible to utilize the old control by switching a setting in the Application Painter. However, I do not see the mentioned setting when I go to look for it. I feel like I...
Is there a specification somewhere to the particular RTF format that is used by the new RTE Control internally? The control appears to be the TE (tecf) control from SubSystems. Is this correct? If so, does Appeon (or SubSystems via Appeon) have an...
I've seen some of the other various questions and issues regarding the new Rich Text control, and we're experiencing most of these issues even with build 1681 (the CPU/load spike is by far the worst, we can't migrate our clients up when w...
Hello dear members of the Community ! My issue is the following : I need to be able to save the content of a DW in a .xlsx format. We are using Excel 2013 and Excel 2016. I’m working with a version 12.1 of PowerBuilder and migrating it to Power...
Hi al I have created a ws in pb 2017 and its looks great - no error . calling one of its functions return the message : http 401 - un Authorized . I spoke with the system admin and he told me that he sees my call but the call gets with no user ...
hi all   I am running a WS client ( the wizard + deceleration are fine builds in pb 2017  ) , but when  I am calling one of its functions i am getting : http 401 - Unauthorized . the thing is , running from IE works great . calling the funct...
Windows 7 64 bit platform IE version 11.0.9600.18792 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ George & Roland -    You were right.    I did the following:         1)  downloaded a trial copy of Winzip         2)  decompressed the original ...
I'm in PB 12.6, Windows 8, looking at the MonthCalendar control.  Setting properties such as MonthBackColor, TextColor, TitleBackColor, etc. have no effect.  I found this from Dave Fish, Sybase, 2009: The Vista operating system does not suppor...
Hello, I'm facing an issue I’va already read about some weeks ago : unable to active the PowerServer Mobile Trial License. I'm on an enterprise network and have no other choice but connecting thru a proxy server. All machines are the sa...
Like many other developers, I have created a user control to be a command button.  Yes, it's because of that whole look-and-feel thing. Has anyone figured out how to implement the "Default Button" behavior that the system command button allows...
I'm trying to find a good demo mobile app as a starting point for developing some mobile apps with various functionality.  I installed the CordovaDemo app and it runs on my Android phone but I only get -1 return codes, which seems in indicate an ...
I am using the trial version of PowerBuilder 2017.  In PowerBuilder 12.5 and PowerBuilder 2017 32bit I am able to call a C# function that has the Robert Giesecke “Unmanaged Exports” package.  In PowerBuilder 2017 64bit I am not able to call the C# fu...

There are no discussions available here currently