Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear Sir, Whatever datawindows I try to open, powerbuilder auto closed. It works normally yesterday. PB version: Appeon POwerBuilder Universal Edition Version 2017 R3 Build 1880. OS version: Windows 10 Pro Please help. Best Regards, Edward   ...
Hi.   I've gathered profiling information at runtime for one of our customers. I have a PBP file at my computer and want to open it in "Profiling Trace View" in PowerBuilder 2019 to analyze it. First I need to choose a target (.pbt) file, and the...
Hi all. Please see attached. Code works perfectly fine from pb 4.0 up to 2019R1 using theme In R2, instead of going into ue_cancel, it goes into "other" event (pbm_other) for datawindow object in the this window. Running R2 without theme works fi...
Is there a release date for 64-bit debugging IDE? I have problems with the new 10 version of sap business one which is only 64 bit   Angelo...
PB 2019 R2  IDE Crash when i Try to select an icon/bmp in menu or any object   Angelo  ...
Trying to use a inhouse built .Net dll in PB 2017 , that was successfully working in PB12.5 It gives an error "Cannot create object" We are trying to connect to it with OleObject. Used REGASM to register that dll. Anyone has a solution for this?...
Hi All, I am trying to create JWT using PowerBuilder, using CrypterObject Object when I am doing the Encryption, Decryption and Sign using public and private keys which are generated using AsymmetricGenerateKey is working fine. Whereas my requiremen...
PB 2019 GA I have a question about the file Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Excel12.dll. Customers have reported that SaveAs Excel12 result in an abort. It appears that the file needs to be installed into the .Net GAC and we didn't do that in our in...
Hello everybody, I have a mobile application for Android and I have a problem displaying images in a datawindow object with a tableblob object, when I'm designing the datawindow object in the preview, the images show fine, but when I deploy the app a...
Hello guys,   Im doing a look like action bar menu to control my windows, but I need to set border on a "menu item", this border is a (StyleRaised!) border and it does this to the image.   As you guys can see the image is normal size but when I...
UPDATE:   31-JUL-2020   I want to thank Chris, John, and Mike for their suggestions!   Using most of Jon's suggestions, I added a YIELD() and a GarbageCollect() into the FOR loop - and the next run did not get locked up. After making a few more chang...
I must be missing something with the PFC caching service (pfc_n_cst_dwcache). There's very little documentation on the service, so I'm hoping someone has used it before and explain how it is to be used. What I don't understand is if you destroy a d...
Running Powerserver 2019. We normally have to get it running in IE first then install it in Chrome to get it to work in Chrome. Sometimes it will stop working in Chrome and we have to go back into IE and reinstall it then it will start working again...
Hi Teachers     I would to like to migrate all powerbuilder code to C# or .net.  but I studied the Document at https://docs.appeon.com/powerscriptmigrator2019r2/PB_to_CSharp_Migrating_Re-factored_Business_Logics(NVOs)/index.html. It seems need p...
Hi all, I'm playing with the .NET DataWindow / SnapDevelop sample "CRUD Operations with .NET DataStore". How can I get back the new database generated identity value(s) of the inserted row(s)? Bernhard...
Hi everyone, i'm trying to install latest build of PB2019 R2, but i get an error trying to download the PowerBuilder IDE update package. All the rest downloaded and installed correctly. Looks like the installer is failing to retrieve the remote zip, ...
Hello, Im exporting a datawindow with the new feature of NativePDF on PB2019 R2 without using ghostscript. It works well but the images look pixelated. Someone knows how to solve this? My datawindows properties are this:   this.Object.DataWindow.E...
Hi, I created a test PB app calling a single custom C# DLL function 'getName(jsonstring)' using OleObject and ConnectToNewObject( classname ) approach. I had the app compiled as 32 bit. The compiled exe is able to succesfully create/instantiate th...
Hi All,    is it possible I show up a image on datawindow from URL link instead of local path? i.e.: I have a datawindow with some records where once of columns is defined as "Display as Picture" but the value of this column is not a local path, b...
I am a new user for GIT.  I have a workspace with 3 targets in it.  Each target has its own PBLs and project.  These targets represent 3 different applications. I'd like to get them into AWS CodeCommit in three separate repositories. Is there a way...

There are no discussions available here currently