1. Vladimir K.
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 5 May 2020 14:38 PM UTC

Hi all.

Please see attached.

Code works perfectly fine from pb 4.0 up to 2019R1 using theme

In R2, instead of going into ue_cancel, it goes into "other" event (pbm_other) for datawindow object in the this window.

Running R2 without theme works fine.

Does it have something to do with the fact that with the theme, i am actually clicking a picture on the top of the control menu?

Is this is a bug? Other?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sincerely

Vlad

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 09:39 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I can reproduce it locally and have transferred it to the development team for analyzing. We will let you know once the result comes out.

And for the time being, we suggest that you try not to use message.processed in theme.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Vladimir K.
  2. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 13:25 PM UTC
Thank you Ken, greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately we cannot not to use message, so we will halt move to R2, while continue testing our app under R2.

Great job guys with R2, lot of stuff we will use, just a little thinks not working yet, but i am sure i just a matter of time.

BTW, will try to get something for you regarding scrollbars on hide() show() datawindows.

I create a quick little app using generic window and datawindows and i cannot replicated, so there is something else in the parents i am not counting in.

Will let you know.

Thank you.

Sincerely

Vlad

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 17:27 PM UTC
Hi Vlad ...Hmmm - I use this all over my framework and have not noticed any issues (thus far) in my R2 testing ....

For example:

STD_FC_PB_Base.pbl(vs_dc_master)oe_key.0035: Message.processed = TRUE // YES=>Mark as "processed"!

STD_FC_PB_Base.pbl(vs_dc_master)oe_key.0044: Message.processed = TRUE // YES=>Mark as "processed"!

STD_FC_PB_Base.pbl(vs_dc_master)oe_syscommand.0033: Message.processed = TRUE // Junk the Message

STD_FC_PB_Base.pbl(vs_dc_master)other.0031: Message.processed = TRUE // YES=>Request 2 ignore it

STD_FC_PB_Base.pbl(wn_master)other.0075: Message.Processed = TRUE // Mark message

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Vladimir K. Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 August 2020 13:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Ken.

Greatly appreciated your help.

Issue - is NOT an issue anymore in 2019R2 build 2353.

Our app works like intended.

You guys are awesome, thank you for all your work.

Sincerely

Vlad

Comment
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 August 2020 05:52 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Vladimir

Good news that Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 GA (build 2353) has been officially released. The issue you reported has been fixed in this release. Please download and install it to verify your reported issue and let us know if any problems.
You can get the installer from our Downloads portal at https://account.appeon.com/download/2019 (login required).

Upgrade Notes:
You may either install the latest version from scratch or use the installers to upgrade from earlier 2019 versions (2019 GA, 2019 MR, 2019 R2 GA, or 2019 R2 MR).
If you have both PowerBuilder 2019/R2 and InfoMaker 2019/R2 on the same machine, please upgrade both to the same version.

We welcome all feedback from you!

Regards,
Ken

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 May 2020 09:18 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi,

Ken Guo discovered that the Message.Processed = true fails with themes.

In my case, I wasn't using Themes and it still failed. The problem was that I'm doing a SetRedraw(True) after setting the value.

If I do the SetRedraw(true) with a POST or I do it before the Message.Processed = true, then everything works doing:

Message.Processed = true 

return 0

regards

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 16:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I can confirm that message.processed = true, neither works for me on pb2017 / 2019.

In the "other" event I have to do a "return 1", which does solve the problem of having the message still being processed.

Comment
Vladimir K. Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 May 2020 20:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Chris.

2019R2, attaching about.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Vladimir K.
  2. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 13:26 PM UTC
Thank you Mike.
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 13:55 PM UTC
Wouldn't it be better to use a source control system to track when a window or object changed?
  1. Helpful
  1. Vladimir K.
  2. Wednesday, 6 May 2020 17:38 PM UTC
Hi Roland.

It depends, so Yes and No.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 5 May 2020 19:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Vlad;

Are you on build 2323 or 2328 of 2019 R2?

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.