Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello everyone, I need to show On-Screen Keyboard on my application, but (run("c:\windows\system32\osk.exe")) it's not working for me. If someone could tell me how to show it I'll be so grateful....
Appeon need to learn jetbrains,allow user to by appeon product online. Especially for independent developers,Eduction developers jetbrains allow everyone buy jetbrains's products online ,for China users ,can use alipay to pay it is a suggestion h...
I am trying to convert the Datawindow to txt file by using the command 'saveasascii' and then convert it back to Excel.However, the Datawindow is not displayed as it is.If the Datawindow is freeform, the line is pushed.Is there a workaround in the 20...
The 2-day online conference Elevate 2020 has concluded successfully! We greatly appreciate all the hard work from our MVPs & Community Presenters. Not only did they share their knowledge through videos, but they also joined the session Live to an...
I am having a problem where I am getting errors when PowerBuilder tries to update the database and there is a "truncation" issue with one of the columns in the table it is updating.    I am in the process of upgrading from PowerBuilder v7 to versi...
We have a super weird issue with a browser control.  We have an external vendor supplied .NET 1 page app that we host and call from PB 12.5.2 (build 5609).  The control sits on a response window.  We've been in prod for almost a year with great succe...
Is there a way to set a header in webBrowser control? In particular I want to set an "Authorization" header....
You can put an expression on the procect property on a column in a datawindow, which allows you to specify that when in querymode user can type here otherwise he can only read. The problem is that sometimes you want user to copy from that column, bu...
In the menu bar we change the toolbar icons when the user clicks on it. m_color.clicked : IF this.toolBarItemText = "Yellow" THEN    this.toolBarItemText = "Red"        this.toolBarItemName = "red.png"    ELSE    this.toolBarItemText = "Yellow"    ...
Requesting help to modify the json file for themes. we have modified json file - datawindow property but it got effected across the datawindow i.e. header, detail etc. in this freeform style along with across the application. That is label font colo...
Hi  Recently we have migrated application to 2019 in trial version. Now after building it is showing trial word in all screens.we have purchased licensed version before 1 week. now how can i remove that word without making build in licensed version....
Where can I find example code for implementing google charts in Chromium browser control?...
Hi There,  We have just added the new Ribbonbar feature into our PFC framework system at main-sheet level - eg. keep using pfc mdi windows and MDI menu while adding ribbonbar to main sheet for individual modules. We faced wired issue when the numbe...
Good Morning Everyone! I'm trying to populate a Datastore directly from a Stored Procedure (first time that I do this) I create the DW as a Grid, then select Stored procedure and choose it from the list, everything fine.  It asks me for the retrie...
We have applied Theme in the object by using "applytheme()" function in open event of window (Screen A) and It was working as expected.   But without closing the screen A, if we try to open another screen (Screen B) which we have not applied theme ...
Hi, I understand that we can open a SnapDevelop project in Visual Studio. Is there a PowerBuilder licence needed on a PC with Visual Studio using project with .NET DataStore? Thanks,Marcin...
We downloaded PB2019R3 and converted our PB12 application.  We switched the db driver to msoledbsql to connect to our Sql Server 2016 database.  My activity monitor shows 2 connections with the same session ID leading me to believe the multiple activ...
Hi Team, Requesting to share the knowledge for how to download the PowerBuilder 6.5 software for PowerBuilder Migration. i would need to Migrate the source to PowerBuilder 17.  Thanks in advance....
Hello All, We need to export a Dw a a Json  the issue is that the required JSON have a Booelan value. for example { "sale":true } but the DW does not have a Boolean Column  so it export like   { "sale":'true' }   any solution other than gen...
Hi all,  i was wondering if any one know if its possible to  have alternating color on a background object on the group level of an infomaker report?  I am currently using the below code for the detail section  If(mod(getrow(),2 )=1, rgb(255, 255,...

There are no discussions available here currently