Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, Where and how can I track DBError of SQLCA transaction object when I'm using Datastore? In Datawindow there is dberror event but how to do it with datastores? BR, Hannu   ...
My dw has a column with the dddw edit format.  The dddw requires a retrieval argument to isolate records from another table that only apply to the master record.  The retrieval argument is different from the data column specified from the master wind...
I'm developing a web service in powerbuilder and I do not know how to say it so that when the list of functions is displayed, the input and output parameters appear, does anyone know how to do it? ...
Hi,   Here is my code for generating JSON file from datawindow. it shows some issues. The out put should show like below  [ { "postId": 1, "id": 1, "name": "id labore ex et quam laborum", "email": "Eliseo@gardner....
Hi After finding out about the DisableBind=0 setting in an earlier question (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/parametrized-query-execution) I've been experimenting with it for a while. (using SNC11 on SQL Server 2012) One particular t...
Hi,  SQL Anywhere 16 / PB 2017 R2 #1756 We have a comprehensive Win32 system that we have been maintaining for quite a few years, but are looking at possibilities of starting to port some of the crucial segments of it to a web interface, at fir...
Hi, My requirement is that when user save the data in excel from the data window then its technical name changed to proper name.. Where to make changes..   Please help.. ...
Hi everyone, Could you please point me to any documents (if available) to learn what could be the difference (in terms of supported functionality) between J2EE vs .NET migrations to WEB? ...
My PowerBuilder app is using Appeon 2017 R2 Build 1756 with PFC. The pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 object has a function of_dirlist() which lists all the files in a directory. It uses the Win API calls FindFirstFileA() and FindNextFileA(). The first a...
With my PB 12.5 app, I had coded a call to the Windows API GetOpenFileName function that worked perfectly. When I compile that same app in PB 2017 64Bit, it doesn't work because of a structure size error. Can you point me to some code (or someone...
Can anyone recommend a good hosting service for our appeon web application. The app uses .net and sybase ASA database. User base will be from 10 to 1000 concurrent users Our clients will be scattered around the USA and Canada   ...
I downloaded the .pbx file and Pb example from http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbnismtp.html This all works in my desktop PB app but I'm missing something deploying the app using AppeonWeb. What is required to deploy and use the .pbx file ...
Hi PB Tech guru's, In my current project we are planning to migrate the PB builds to integrate with Bitbucket Pipelines CI/CD as it is free. Currently, we are using Jenkins as build server for CI/CD process and we use PowerGen to generate P...
Hi, Could someone advice me how to access JSON-data in deeper levels, for example street and area in this example data. I'm able to read upper level like location and formatted_address but how to access child data of address_components? { ...
Hi everyone! Working on PB9 I need to do changes in one datawindow in which i need to add some more column , how can i find the table or database used in it from the powerbuilder. As column is selected from insert-->coulmn and then popup ...
  After a developer clones the repository. Then opens the Powerbuilder IDE and selects the .pbw file via "Open Workspace". Next, when the project is added through the IDE for version control, the IDE executes an unnecessarily empty commit. What fo...
I am using the PB mail stuff to send emails and on some users the messages are not showing up in their Sent Items folder. They all are using MS Outlook Standard 2013 and have outlook running when the mail is sent. ...
In our application, when you click the Save As option in a report, the drop-down list includes many options that do not work or should not be valid options, such as SYLK, WKS, Dbase 2, etc. Is there a way to limit the Save As options to only those we...
Hi,   I am currently working from past 2 months in powerbuilder ver 9 ,I need your suggestion is it good to work in it or should i change my job soon. Please advice me because here in organization they are still working on PB 9 and codes wer...
Is it possible to do that since i find out the registryget() is getting value from client with web application. Thanks ...

There are no discussions available here currently