Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Appeon,      I am running a heavy front end Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353 application and when I use the OpenSheetWithParm function more than 5 times from one window to another I am getting a black (blank) screen before the screen displa...
Hello all, as I develop rather as an hobby, unfortunately my time to spend is limited. Recently I discovered the power of activeX-Components, as they provide lots of functionality at small cost. And in near future, I will make the next step with m...
I am trying to access an SQL Anywhere Database via ODBC, but it fails. Via Nuget I can see only a SnapObjects.Data.Odbc Version 2.1.0, but not a Version 3-0-0-beta2. While I am using this 2.1.0 (old?) version, the build-in Server throws the followi...
I am studding the JSON support in PowerBuilder 2019 (R2) and I am a bit confused on how can I obtain the JSON string of a key in an array. Let's suppose that you have the following JSON: { "Sales":[ { "DiscountType":{ "Id":1, "Label":"667 trig", "C...
Hello Everyone, i'm trying to run my Android app on a mobile device after using the PowerServer Application Package (Standalone mobile project for Android). Package completes succesfully, then i've loaded the zip on Android Studio and succesfully cr...
https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=4199   Jan,  i read your bug report.  They didn't understand that you are talking querymode, NOT datawindow design mode.    Querymode is at runtime, but Armando must have thought you are talking...
Hello, On Chrome you have settings to set the download location or to always ask for this location. But when I use the PB webbrowser control these settings are not used. Is there a way to get these chrome settings, so I can re-use them in the PB...
I am trying to add the ability to create a new mail item in Outlook from a PB app. It works great the first time, the Outlook new mail window appears and the recipient, subject, and body are filled in. The second time I try to do it, I get an 'erro...
Hi, I want to execute a relatively big SQL script using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE with ODBC (PB 2019 R2). Works fine with SNC, but with ODBC  some parts are not executed, without any error message. Looks for me like a size restriction for the SQL script. ...
Hi guys,   I have my emailing function to send authenticated tlsmail working on my development pc. When i run it on a customers server , it crashes with the following error message   error opening dll library cl32.dll for external function at li...
Can someone guide me how to send mail using google rest api. I try with Long ll_rtnHttpClient lhc_Client lhc_Client = Create HttpClientCoderObject lco_codelco_code = Create CoderObject string ls_url//ls_Url = "https://www.googleapis.com/upload/gm...
Hi, I've got 2 workspaces and use Microsoft VSS for source control. I'm looking to add a set of visual and non-visual objects that I'd like both workspaces to use.  What's the best way to do this? Can we just create a PBL and reference it in both...
In the rte control , I am trying to get the highlighted Right Indent value in the runtime and set it 0.000 once copy the rtf content to this control.  Can anyone help with the code or process syntax to get this. I tried with getparagraphsetting but...
Dear Appeon,     can you give advice what method to create QR Code in Appeon Web, many method i use, i try in exe apps can create QR code with the correct value but when try to deploy in Web Appeon does't work , many question i write in community ...
I'm trying to generate an event calendar that starts on a given day of the week. Thus I calculate the first day of the year, and the required offset to the selected day. Now I need to generate the dates for such offset starting weeks I know that sta...
Calling PrintGetPrinter() with no printers on the workstation causes (a crash of an application if compiled or the Powerbuilder IDE if run in debug mode). This is under Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328....
Hi, Im trying to publish to powerserver and manage to do it when it is over the network. Now my superior said that I need to publish it and can be accessed outside the network. It was easy for the first time since the web server im using is not conf...
Hi, I encounter following problem when execute excel macro in Powerbuilder. Environment:- Power Builder 2017 R3 on Windows 10- Excel version is Excel for Office 365 Problem script: try   lo_myoleobject.application.run("ThisWorkbook.change_data_for...
I have an application that uses the native PDF method of saving a datawindow report as a PDF.  It has been working fine until about a week ago it started giving a return value of -1.  Nothing has changed code-wise.  I checked to make sure that the us...
[PB2017 R3] Hi all, I built an external tool to generate some PB Objects based on a simple XML specification. My tool generates several source files (.sru, .srf and similar) ready to be imported into existing PBLs. I would like not to import them ...

There are no discussions available here currently