1. mike S
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 30 June 2020 14:26 PM UTC

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=4199

Jan,  i read your bug report.  They didn't understand that you are talking querymode, NOT datawindow design mode.    Querymode is at runtime, but Armando must have thought you are talking about design time which is why he suggested the sql statement.

anyway, the datawindow will ASSUME the IN keyword is the operator of the sql statement when it is the FIRST thing entered in the column when in querymode.  It does NOT send this to the database to validate it, it simply ASSUMES.  It does the same with other keywords such as LIKE = <> etc.

In your case, if you want to search on 'IN-' that then you MUST enter another keyword such as  '=' OR LIKE before typing IN.  ( querymode will automatically enter = for the generated where if the first word entered is NOT a keyword)

anyway enter either of the following in querymode:

= IN-

LIKE IN-

also, if you do NOT want to be forced to type in = sign, you can capture the text the user types and then overwrite it with what they want.  it takes some coding to do that.

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 11 January 2021 08:34 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Mike,

I tested the case you provided in Ticket 4199 and could reproduce it locally.

This issue exists in all PB versions. This flaw might be caused by that there are conflicts between these special characters and the internal system keywords.

As you said, it should allow users to input any special characters under QueryMode, even though some are unsupported, they should be transformed internally.

I found that besides ‘IN-’ you mentioned, there are other characters that could reproduce this issue, for example, ’IN+’, ’IN*’ ‘IN%’, ‘IN)’, ‘<>#’, etc.

I have submitted it as a bug to the development team for further analysis. Currently I suggest you add a single quote before and after a special character and then press Enter to work around this issue.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 8 January 2021 20:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply!

There is an improvement to the Support Portal that you are now able to add comments to a public ticket no matter whether you are the owner of it or not.

Please give it a try and let us know if any questions.

Regards,

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Friday, 8 January 2021 21:28 PM UTC
yeah, i posted this prior to that change
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.