1. David Chamness
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 6 November 2020 15:11 PM UTC

I have an application that uses the native PDF method of saving a datawindow report as a PDF.  It has been working fine until about a week ago it started giving a return value of -1.  Nothing has changed code-wise.  I checked to make sure that the user had access to the network folder.  I even changed the folder to one on the local PC just to make sure there wasn't an access problem. I check to make sure the PBPDF170.dll was in a folder that was in the PATH.

I am using PB v17.  Here is a snippet of the code I am using.

Did something change external to PowerBuilder?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 January 2021 22:53 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
0
Votes
Undo

Hi David;

 Make sure that you are on the latest release of 2017 R3 as there were Native PDF fixes for that feature. Also, try & run your IDE as "ADMIN" as well to see if that helps.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
David Chamness Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 January 2021 22:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2
0
Votes
Undo

After further research, it seems that the SaveAs method does not work while running the application in the IDE.  It works fine in the run time environment which is probably why I haven't heard of any complaints.  I don't think it is a security issue because I tried the SaveAs to my desktop.  This leads me to conclude that it is a corrupt environment.   What DLLs do I need to replace to see if this is the problem?

Comment
I would suggest to do a clean uninstall/reinstall rather if you suspect there are missing or corrupted program files. And as Chris pointed out, make sure to patch up PB 2017 R3 to the latest build 1915 so you have the most bug fixes. https://www.appeon.com/company/news/powerbuilder-2017-r3-and-infomaker-2017-r3-mr-1915-released.html
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 8 January 2021 00:20 AM UTC
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 November 2020 16:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3
1
Votes
Undo

Given your description of the problem it is definitely not a coding issue.  My guess is either a Windows update did something or some security/permission setting changed or the environment got corrupted.

If all your users who are on the latest build of Windows 10 are having the same issue then it would point to Windows update breaking things.  If this is the case, please open a support ticket.

If only a specific user has this problem, then you would need to troubleshoot what security/permission setting changed or see if the environment got corrupted.  Either way, if you can rollback with Windows System Restore to a time that it was working it should probably resolve.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.