Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
After applying some Windows Updates, I tried to start PB 12.6 and got an error message "Failed to initialize SySam licensing.  The mandatory property file pb126_sysam.properties is missing".  I Googled and found posts that said I should copy the file...
Can I send email  via Outlook from PowerBuilder?  Can I send it with an attachment?  How do I do it?  QUESTION: I created a report in PowerBuilder and I want the Power Script to send a copy of it as an email attachment.  How is it done?  Assum...
QUESTION: I created a report in PowerBuilder and I want the Power Script to send a copy if it as an email attachment.  Can I automatically send an email through PowerBuilder?  Can I attach a file to the email?  If so, how is it done?  Assume the f...
Hello Appeon Community, We are moving to PB2017 with git as source control. We used to use SVN earlier to manage code where we were not adding the library files (.PBLs) to source control. Any new developers used to download PBLS from one server an...
Is there a way to view the update sql statement generated by a dw? ...
I have this code in pbm_dwnprocessenter event on a datawindow   Send(Handle(this),256,9,Long(0,0)) RETURN 1 When i move to AppeonServer (web) it will not work cause the Handle Any simple way to solve the issue?       ...
At APPEON In DW window, Oracle Porcedure delivers a query of the results. Tibero Procedure on the same DW window will generate an error when querying results.   I ask if there is any solution.   -----------------------------------------...
  I have some constant data rows that I want to display from CSV file, and I have included CSV file  in the bundle during deployment in "additional files" tab. It works fine in desktop but cannot  read from file in app because I am not sure wha...
I have been having this issue for quite a while going back to PB 12.5 at least(although it seems more repeatable on 2017 R2) and thought I would see if any one has some insight. Whenever I build my application with the project painter everything w...
powerbuilder - new - datawindow - grid - select procedure (:out variables(sys_refcursor)) - not create.... tibero , oracle jdbc .. The results are the same (refcursor - jdbc) I suspect there is a problem "java registerOutParameter type mi...
Hello!   I made dw using procedure My Powerbuilder application run on appeon and this appeon is connected with tibero DB. I can not get result in my this dw. this dw working well in oracle. my dw source is like follow. plz kindly infrom ...
Hi! I am a developer using PowerBuilder 10.5 and Appeon2016. My team is working on changing the DBMS from Oracle to Tibero. However, I can not find the exact setup method for developing using Tibero(DBMS classified as Others). Is there a guid...
Hi everyone, I am having one datawindow which i am converting it to pdf and i want that pdf to send it to numbers of user via email using PB at 10 am in the morning. It should be set in the background. and in every 10am in the morning it aut...
I am getting the following issue, *************************************************************************************************************** Unsupported Code: lnv_conn = create soapconnection,  Line Number:107, Location:Wf_initialize() ...
Hello, I need to install this plugin for our branch computers.  I would like to deploy it and install it silently for all users on the computer if possible.  The problem I am running into is that the end user needs to "allow" the app to install fo...
Buen día para todos... Estoy tratando de abrir un correo desde power builder con el codigo siguiente que me funciona para word, excel, power point pero no para Outlook.. Alguien puede ayudarme para saber que me esta faltando aca para poder complet...
Hello, We used to build the PBDs and exe through orca script in a dedicated windows server for PB12.5 We used to install PowerBuilder 12.5 on each server for build. Now we are moving to PB2017 and want to build the PBDs and executable using ORCA s...
I have to open a browser and provide it a URL to navigate to. A portion of it needs to be URL Encoded (aka Percent Encoded), because it is a re-direct URL being passed along as a parameter to a login URL, and it also has parameters of its own. I&#...
We would like to create a PDF from a DataWindow that contains a hyperlink Is this possible? ...
Hello All, Regarding .SaveAs :: The datawindow engine handles opening, writing and closing the file.  I have yet to find any documentation about fileaccess & filemode   I would “guess” fileaccess is Write-only and filemode is lock-write.  Bu...

There are no discussions available here currently