Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Guys I'm getting a not so random crash from our newly migrated application to pb2017r3 as follows: Faulting application name: tstravel.exe, version: 5.0.17.0, time stamp: 0x5df05d07Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24545, t...
I need to be able to set an attribute into a cell (row+column) in a grid datawindow which can be used to highlight or otherwise change the appearance of that cell by means of a datawindow expressions - and which can be read out by a program exporting...
I am wondering if I can run a Web application on a browser instead of running it as an IWA? If so, how?   Thanks!...
I am using datawindow control titles for the first time and I notice that I get a pale blue background and a fain almost unreadable text for the title.   Is there a way to change the color and or fond characteristics of a datawindow control's title?...
I have a DataWindow Object on a Window that switches between two DataWindows via DataObject = "d_...".  Each DataWindow has at least one column with a Validation Expression.  I have no issues running the application in executable/desktop form.  Once...
We have migrated from PB 10.2 to 2019 R2. In our earlier version we  do have only .xls export option of DW to the user. Now I have added the .XLSX  option to the export the file as excel format with '.xlsx' extension  with this syntax "DW.SaveAs( ls_...
Hi, Can someone please help me with adding a ddlb to an existing dw? I have added a column in the table in the backend that takes numbers(0,1,2...). In the frontend, i have made changes from Design -> DataSource -> selected the column. These ...
Loading DLL cl 32.dll Failed for more help, please consult the Appeon user document”...
Hi Is there any way to have an expression in a Datawindow refer to itself by name (or column number)? For example if I want to have editable columns be underlined, I could use this code in its border expression. if( long( describe( '.TabSe...
Hi, All of our executables built using PB 2019 are missing application icons.  Could you let us know how to resolve this issue? I reviewed relevant Q&A but couldn't find satisfactory answer.    I will really appreciate your help.   Thanks S...
Here is my code. The block in red  returns 1 (success code) in development  and also in the exe when deployed on  a machine which has PowerBuilder 2017 R3 installed   But when attempting to run this on a user machine without PowerBuilder, it return...
Good Tuesday morning I need to find out how I can run my web application's iwarunner.exe on an iPad? I have the exe downloaded from webserverIP/application_name/iwarunner.html However, from I can see online, this exe can not run on iOS as it's a M...
Hi All, In PB2017 I have set the edit mask property of a decimal field as ###.00 in my data object. Also I have set the format as ###.00 for that field in the data object. But when some value such as 461.50 is coming for that field , somehow it is g...
Failed to load Appeon browser plug-in, so the application does not start. To solve the problem, please refresh the browser, and stay on the current tab page until the application starts....
Dear Experts, We have our Powerbuilder Application running in our client places and it is in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. It is in Client Server (2 Tier) architecture. Currently our app can be deployed as thick client and also as thin client (published i...
Hi guys / girls, I know I'm lots of times "bitter" towards Appeon, but that's simply because I'm an old powerbuilder developer who's gone through hell for lots of years with Powerbuilder and shitty support. I'd like to request you all to upvote thi...
Hello Everyone! I'm trying to generate a JSON with JsonGenerator and I think I am missing something.  I generate the Root and insert some fields without problem.  Then I need to create an array Item including some more fields, using additemArray ...
It is stated in the PowerServer Help that the usage of the tooltip feature is supported by Appeon. In case of a very long tooltip, it is possible to just break the line with e.g. CRTL+Enter. However, this only works with the desktop apllication. Aft...
I'm designing an invoice export feature that generates a PDF file for each selected invoice. The invoice form has a nested report to show the subtotal, sales tax, shipping charges, and invoice total along with a few other things. Although we are not ...
Hi  Recently i have migrated from PB 8 to PB 19 version.In my machine In both pb 19 and 8 versions arabic is not displayed in static text.But in client environment, In PB 8 it is displayed in arabic and in PB 19 it is showing some unusual text. I ha...

There are no discussions available here currently