Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Does anyone had issue with longlong datatype in PB170?  This codes work with PB125 but now I find out it does not work with PB170 R2. I defined a variable longlong al_unos_race, read in a longlong as you can see from the first screenshot below.  B...
We have reports where the currency value needs to be displayed with the appropriate currency symbol.  We can provide each row with the currency code and the currency symbol. How do we construct a dynamic format  The Base format is #,##0 ;[RED](...
I am currently using the 30 free trial of Powerbuilder 2017 R2 I just migrated some old pbl files and testing the intial connection to MS SQL server I changed my DB parameters from MSS to SNC (i have the native clients installed successfully) when...
Hi Experts, We are in such a situation and have to install 2017 PBVM & PowerGen on Windows Server Core 2008 for build process. As per Windows documentation " Server Core installations are only intended to run server roles and cannot be used to ...
Powerbuilder 12.5 Classic hi, i got a PB classinc .Net Assenbly that generate a pdf file from a dataStore. This Assembly is added as reference in a ASP.NET MVC 4 web application. In my PC with IIS Express (from VS 2012) it works perfectly...
Is there anybody who uses the 3rd party RTE control in Powerbuilder 2017? We got a trial version of this control from the manufacturer and we are currently evaluating the control. Now we see some oddities: * Modifications to the content of the ...
hi Everyone, I am having database error in the below piece of code. IF SQLCA.SQLCODE  0 THEN    //If an error: notify the user    MessageBox("Database Error!", "Error while saving data to the database. Error message: [" +STRING(SQLCA.SQLC...
Hello All, If i set the User Authentication setting to security on when the user open the application Powerserver display a logon window. the question if this logon window can be customized for example add some image. Thanks in advance  ...
HI Team, When I select WIN.INI in PowerServer Toolkit Configuration, same WIN.INI is not loaded in AEM.  I can see below WIN.INI content in AEM INI Files.    [aedebug] [clock] [colors] activeborder=180 180 180 activetitle=153 180 209 ...
Dear Appeon Powerbuilder Community Members, The Powerbuilder 12.6 client I support uses pbejbclient126.pbd which is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder.  I have installed a trial copy of Powerbuilder 2017 R2 which does not...
I use opensheet() but occasionally throw runtime errors. Closing the program and turned on, it's executed normally. ↓↓↓ My code: ↓↓↓ string ls_prog w_sheet lw_prog ls_prog = "w_prog" try     Opensheet(lw_prog, ls_prog, frame, 0...
Hi, I have created a webservice from PB 12.5 Classic. Webservice got a function that receive some parameters, retrieve data from DB in a datastore and then save ds as a pdf file (in C:\temp\PDFs\) and then return name and path of file created. ...
Hi, I have a scenario where I wanted to split the input fields of data window in multiple pages. For example if I am opening the data window first few columns should displayed then when I click on next rest of the columns should be displayed an...
Hi Techies,   When we run application on Web (IE) during running if we disable column & making its backgroundcolor color as Gray then color is not taking effect, it becomes black color. When we again enable it and change background color within...
Is there a way to capture SQL error when run datastore.update() return -1? For some reason SQLCA.SQLCode and SQLErrorText are empty  when ds failed to Insert or Update a row. Thanks, Yuri ...
Hi all, Hoping someone's run into this issue and knows the fix...sending emails using PB 12.6 and everything works fine, except when on a shared desktop, where code fails calling mailLogon and the program crashes. Any help would be greatly ...
Hi Everyone,   I want to create a data entry form in powerbuilder in which user will enter their data and it gets saved to database. how to create it.Please give me a idea of creation   ...
Hi, We wide use Bitmap() dw function in the computed fields of our data-driven DWs. The display images can be stored as external files or as internal resources in PBD(s). In special case I want to display a specific image if the given source file ...
Hi , Can I use external .js files in pb ?   Regards   Devesh     ...
Can I consume a web service developed in PB 2017 in SOAP and in REST at the same time? ...

There are no discussions available here currently