1. Louis Marchand
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 17 April 2018 15:51 PM UTC

Dear Appeon Powerbuilder Community Members,

The Powerbuilder 12.6 client I support uses pbejbclient126.pbd which is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder.  I have installed a trial copy of Powerbuilder 2017 R2 which does not appear to include a 2017 version of this file.  Has anyone else run into this situation?  Any suggestions/help are greatly appreciated.

Lou

Louis Marchand

Accepted Answer
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 01:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

You should just do an 'Import Extension' of pbejbclient170.pbx which will create the PBNI objects in a PBL in your target instead of using a PBD.

Comment
  1. Louis Marchand
  2. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 13:11 PM UTC
Hi Roland,

Your suggestion sounds perfect but where do I find pbejbclient170.pbx?  I only installed Powerbuilder and the runtime packager.  I installed these tools using a trial version of PB 2017 but I can't believe that would have anything to do with it.  Your thoughts?

Thank you and best regards,

Lou

1. Helpful
  1. Louis Marchand
  2. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 20:24 PM UTC
Roland,

I followed your suggestion in PB 12.6 and then migrated the resulting pbl to PB 2017.  Yours is the perfect solution!

Best regards,

Lou

PS: Please see my note to Chris; your help through the years has been tremendous!

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 13:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Louis;

That PBD should be located in the PB2017R2's "Shared" folder, as follows ...

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Louis Marchand
  2. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 20:23 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I simply could not find any pbejbclient*.* within my PB 2017 installation directory, not sure why.  I followed Roland Smith's suggestion which completely solves my problem.

Off topic: I have benefited from *many* of your posts (and Roland Smith and Bruce Armstrong to name two others, also Roy Kiesler and others I can't recall at the moment) across all the various 'bulletin boards' that have come and gone over the years and want to say "THANK YOU!!!".  I'm certain I'm not the only one.  Bless you.

Kindest regards,

Lou

1. Helpful
Shenn Sellers Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 17 April 2018 18:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The PB 2017 version is named "pbejbclient170.pbd".  It is located in the "...\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder" directory.

Comment
  1. Louis Marchand
  2. Wednesday, 18 April 2018 13:00 PM UTC
Hi Shenn,

Thank you very much for your instructions but the only pbd files installed into my workstation are

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\DotNET\bin\Sybase.PowerBuilder.System.pbd

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbdom170.pbd

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbdwr170.pbd

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbuddi170.pbd

I simply do not see pbejbclient170.pbd.  To be clear, I only installed Powerbuilder and the runtime packager, nothing more.  Roland Smith's solution suggests to me that I might need to install additional components.  It would be nice to know exactly what I need install.

Thank you again!

Lou

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.