Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
All I am a bit confused and don't seem to have a good way to solve this. I hope you may be able to help. What's troubling me is how I can set up a deployment profile with one transaction object to have two different data sources? I have to use the...
Hi Everyone    I need to implement in my PB 2019 R2 if there is a debugger reviewing my application. I read about IsDebuggerPresent from the windows API. Can you please help on how I need to declare that function in PB2019. I suppose i need to dec...
Hello: We have a problem with an application (named GPS) since the migration from PB12.6 to PB2019 R2In a concrete scenario, the app crashes with the following message: GPS.exe has stopped working In the details of the message:Problem Event Name: ...
We recently moved from PB 12.5 to PB 2019 GA. We noticed that the database painter is adding dbalias to the datawindow source as below: name=id_num dbname="trans_hist.id_num" dbalias=".id_num" ) I went back to the PB 12.5 and I see it a lot there....
Our original product used PowerBuilder 9.0.3.  We are now required to use SQL Server Native Client 11.0. For now, we are testing with the PowerBuilder 2019 (trial version) for our application; while we wait on the final purchase of PowerBuilder 2019...
I have a base window object w_parent that includes datawindow control dw_1.  I create a new window w_child that inherits from w_parent.  On w_child I assign datawindow object d_customer to datawindow control dw_1.  Also on w_child I insert a new data...
I am currently experiencing an issue with an application that I have that was recently migrated to PB 2019.  When calling the orcascript with orcascr190.exe the application will crash listing the faulting module as MSVCR100.dll.  The same orcascript ...
Hi, We have a medical records application built on PowerBuilder Platform 2017. We need to do a code audit on the application and the database to makes sure it meets all the regulatory requirements, including HIPPA, there are not security vulnerabili...
Hi I am hoping someone would know why this is happening. This is the setup I have the CloudPro IDE with PowerServer installed. (This is all local) Also, I run the app as IWA. - There are several (user-defined) function calls in a button's clicke...
PB 2017 R3 What am I doing wrong here: long ll_handle , ll integer i, li_countinteger li_ole_resultmailreturncode li_ret_mailli_ret_mail = iole_mail.maillogon("Outlook","")if li_ret_mail   mailreturnsuccess! then     // never happens    return -1e...
I have PB 2019 R2, I am trying to do as instructed https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/pbug/ch20s03.html#Saving_as_PDF_using_xslfo and I get following error: ---------------------------Preview - dw_test---------------------------Save Rows As failed.jav...
in XML template how to remove automatically empty elements ? Thanks...
Hi I have a powerbuilder application where I use Microsoft Web Browser in OLE custom control. It uses IE 11. The problem now is that the website I need to open there is not compatible with IE anymore. Is it possible to use Edge if I migrate my OS t...
Hello, We have a web application that uses a dll for displaying graphs in our reporting module.  Before I deploy to Power Server, I have made sure to include the dll as an external file to be deployed under the Power Server Toolkit Configurations fo...
il_selected_tab = this.SelectedTab   this statement does not return the tab page when program is compiled. It does in the IDE.   I have tried my best all day to diagnose this. It does not throw a bad return code.   This is a normal tab object on a ...
We're currently working to migrate a bunch of apps to PowerBuilder 2019R2 from 12.5.2.    We have resource files that reference a network drive, which references a file share mapped to each developers' machine as a drive letter. When deploying apps...
I have two questions: - I have a new datawindow control/object.  The Row Selection Service is turned on, but I don't want rows to be highlighted.  I've done some research, but haven't found how to do this. - Can individual datawindow row's height b...
Hi, I have a 2 page report but when I print it, it prints 4 pages with 2 blank pages in between. I am sure that the text, line etc are fitted in each page and no overlapping. Can you advise what causing this? I am using Infomaker 2017.   Thanks ...
Where I work and have worked we connect to Microsoft Word using ole. We cannot run two PB apps at the same time that startup Word using OLE because the Powerbuilder applications hang. Why is that? It seems to work for a while but eventually they hang...
I'm running PowerBuilder 2017 R3. We're looking to switch our database to require TLS 1.2. We're connection to a SQL Server with a DBMS of SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB) and provider of SQLNCLI11.  Using a transaction I am setting the parameters for t...

There are no discussions available here currently