Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi to all. I have this error when connecting to test db profile from powerserver toolkit configuration: testing data source failed error code 12506 the input function type is invalid.   I'm using ms sql. With PB2017 db profile it wo...
My PB12.6 application (Build 3506) crashes in production. The Application is running on a Windows Server 2008 32bit. Is always crashes when i open or close a RDP-Connection! see below. ////////////////////////////// Problem signature:   P...
  Application was migrated to PB2017 R2 from PBuilder 9 DataBase Table defintion columnname "notes"   datatype Text PBuilder9 Datastore/Datawindow columnname "notes" datatype Char(4099). PBuilder 9 display the "notes" value. PBuilder 2017 R2...
Does anyone know if SAP plans to decommission Powerbuilder license generation? ...
Trying to connect to an Oracle database that worked on Monday and now does not. The DB is up and running and I can access it as a client server PB APP.  When I check the profile used to deploy to Power Server I get the Failed to connect message.  I c...
Hi Everyone, I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R2  build 1756, classic application. I am trying to call a C# DLL in my application where i found an error message (Syntax error) when i call function name with class name. Please suggest what i do. Fun...
I just started to do my first steps in PB 2017 R2. I migrated a small application from PB 12.1 to PB 2017 R2 without any problems. Now I noticed a behaviour change in debugging my code. I usually use the debugbreak() - function to set the br...
Hi PowerSphere, We discovered a very serious bug in the SetRow() functionality. Click on a computed field in another row than current (in the Clicked event there is a SetRow(row)  ) - move the mouse away of the field( computed you just clicked ...
Hi, We are currently using PB 12.1. We consume a soap webservice from external vendor in our app. The vendor is going to disable the support of TLS 1.0 and 1.1 soon. Is there a way to configure PB to use TLS 1.2 protocol? We can migrate to P...
Getting this error when trying to deploy to my APPEON Test Server.  The deploy function worked yesterday.  Failed to generate DWSQL. Operation system:  Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Developer version: 9.0.1756.00 PB version:        17.0 1. S...
Hi All, Initially I Installed only PowerServer, POwerServer Help, PowerServer Toolkit, PowerServer Web Component.. While Web Deployment on PowerServer Toolkit Configuration Wizard (using localhost) I got error message  while Adding / Editing Po...
hello, every time I finish editing/adding or even deleting an application profile by pressing OK button, it keeps coming back with same results, it does not delete or adds any new profile at all. When I open it back it shows the same entries all t...
The new RestClient offers several overloaded functions for data retrieval into a datawindow. The retrieve with the single 'urlname' argument is straight forward.  I'm confused by the other options which add an additional argument of e...
Hi Recently our company we have upgraded desktop system fron windows 7 to windows 10, post that when ever large calculation runs on Powerbuilder application it is showing update fail intermediately and  shows error in datawindow as connection was ...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Appeon is going to add a parameter for PBC for an application icon file any time soon. Thank you! Best regards, Konstantin ...
My customer have decided to go for: one PowerServer Enterprise and one PowerServer Developer but they will keep their application in PB12.5 for at least this year Following the documentation i found: https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/a...
PB 2017 R2 Build 1756   using PostgreSQL I am unable to get a datawindow to create with source of stored procedure to work if the function (procedure) uses parameters. " Error:   Cannot create datawindow, Error column "myparameter" does not exi...
Hi guys, We have a new guy learning PB 2017. He noticed some differences in the PB course online lab compared to his downloads , which was confusing for a PB newbee.   Who can we contact to notify when we see any differences between the c...
Hi.   Is there any built-in functions in PB 2017 R2 that lets us combine/merge several PDF files into one?   Best regards,   Bjarne Anker ...
It am using Powerbuilder 2017 R2.  I have a button on my datawindow.  When I click the button the ItemFocusChanged event on the datawindow is triggering.  Per the PB help "In the ItemFocusChanged event, dwo is always a column control. Therefore, y...

There are no discussions available here currently