Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,  Software Used PowerBuilder 2017 R3 GitLab Community Pageant (Putty Authentication Agent) TortoiseGit  I’m trying to setup a workspace in Powerbuilder using Git as the source control.  We are using GitLab to create our repository.  I...
Hi everyone, I'm building a simple windows application (only a single .pbl)  that runs a query to a SQL Server database and show the result. I've manage to generate the executable (Code Generation option is PCode). I would like to make this applica...
Hi, Not long ago I've written a PBNI (PBX) library that enables closely integration of Java and PB languages. The library allows to make communication of this languages in both directions: PB can create Java objects and call its methods and Ja...
We have couple of existing PB applications in version PB12.5.2 which are of .NET win forms target.   We noticed that this target is no longer available in PowerBuilder 2017 R3.   What is the workaround to migrate these applications to the new ver...
I'm maintaining a legacy client-server ERP application developed using PB8. I'm trying to migrate it to PB2017 due to deprecated DB-Library connection to SQL Server not available in Windows 10 clients. Migration Assistant in PB2017 revealed 40 issue...
Hi, I have a problem with bringing a sheet of an MDI-Window to the foreground. I open two different windows as sheets via OpenSheetAsDocument(..) within an MDI-frame window. Than I want to click of a button in the second which triggers some function...
I have a web service that was originally made with PB 11.5 running on Windows Server 2008 R2. I was able to make it run from https://www.domain.com/webservice.asmx instead of https://www.domain.com/webservicefolder/webservice.asmx apparently just by ...
Using PB 2017-R3... My customer has code written in C# (by a consultant) running in IIS that takes JSON data from their external customer and stores it into the database. My customer wants to write some code in PowerBuilder to process the data and r...
Good morning, How can I find out what lenguage the phone is using?  Could you Please direct me to a document or sample where i can see what lenguage the user selected in the phone. It will be greatly appreciated.  Regards, Clarence. ...
Hi, We've just upgraded to Infomaker 2017 (R2 Build 1769). When I open a .psr now, my column specification window is blank. My database connection works and I can preview my data in both the data window and the preview window. My coworker who upgrad...
Hello, Pb 2017 R3 In a window, I have a hidden menu, with each items with a specified shortcuts, like Alt+K, Alt+G, Ctrl+P, Ctrl+S etc.  I don't want the menu to be visible, as the use is to trigger corresponding events only.   When I make it visi...
I am using PB 2017 R2 and SQL Server 2017.  The following test code works when running on a desktop.  When running on a mobile device (iPad) I get error "The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION."-------------------------...
Dear all,   We are making some changes to a function we created. This function will take any datawindow , and with the saveasformattedtext function we can convert this datawindow into a temp excel file. then we are using ole automation to select a...
Dear Appeon Support, We are very interested in trying out the new release PowerBuilder 2017 R3. We have some questions before the tryout, can you please answer them? 1. We have reported an issue on the RTE control in the Appeon ticket 942, curr...
Hello, We are using PowerBuilder2017 R2 . We have tried the NativePDF! and then compared the size to the PDF with GhostScript and we are using same datawindow ( exact same Stored Procedure , same data ) . The PDF with GhostScript is 173 KB but the ...
I'm trying to create a Mobile app using Oracle 12c database (and full Oracle client, not instant client).  When I create/test the Data Source, using Oracle Native Driver, in AEM, I get the error: "Testing Data Source juvn_dev failed: Attempt t...
My app is written in PB 10.5 and can run against various databases of the user's choice. This includes ASE, SQL Anywhere, Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL. The helps says that SQLCode & SQLDBCode will not indicate errors. Presumably SQLErrText won't ha...
When i use the iis to deploy the .net webservice, it shows iis server may have the issue that current users does not have administrative privileges on the server? Anyone knows how to configure that? The server issue or the pb issue? Thanks a lot...
DB Connection Issues w/ Mobile deploy w/ Native Microsoft SQL Server  Summary Have not been able to deploy as mobile application and go beyond the database connection. Have tried using native and ODBC and have failed numerous times. PB2017 Help con...
How to retrieve datawindow in PowerServer Web? Below are my configuration: **Open event script of my window  if AppeonGetClientType() = 'PB' thenSQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"SQLCA.AutoCommit = FalseSQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=PB Demo DB V2017R2 Unico...

There are no discussions available here currently