Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We need to be able to download infoMaker report into excel and .csv file. How do we download infoMaker report into excel and .csv file? It is not currently a possibility. Trying to download a report into excel gives this error: ...
Hi everyone, I need help on trying to hide the address bar of Edge browser from being seem when open the web app. This is to prevent user from copy the url and run multiple times on other browser. It works in IE but no longer work in latest Edge bro...
Hi guys,I still using PB 12.5 classic on a Windows 7 64bits machines,due to it doesn't has capablity to read xlsx file then I tried to build a dll which was calling the library to try to read xlsx file but they're  all occured exception which were 'B...
Can someone please provide guidance on how to configure a database connection to use SSL to a Sybase ASE database?  I need to know how to connect from both the Powerbuilder IDE and, separately, from a client/server application. We are currently usin...
Hi, My desktop application (built in PB 2017 R3) is connecting to Sybase ASE 15.7 database thru OpenSSL with below configuration: SQLCA.database = ls_ApplDataBaseNameSQLCA.servername = "MyServerName"SQLCA.logid = ls_ApplLoginIDSQLCA.logpass = ls_Ap...
Hi - We have a PB2017 R3 application that uses a OLE DB connection with the Provider='MSOLEDBSQL' to connect to a MSSQL Server 2017 database. This is the newly supported driver provided by Microsoft so was wondering if there are additional benefits t...
Hi,I have a DW, where in one of the column is string, with editmask ####.00When I'm setting a value in DW like 1234.56, insert into database lookis like '123456' , and i would like to looks like 1234.56. I've tried GetItemFormattedString, and somethi...
Hi Background of the question is that the customers want to define a printer and settings of the printer and store this as default for our PowerBuilder application. PrintSetPrinter and PrintSetup work fine and are used when printing from PB however ...
Hi, It looks like ImportFile()    (text! and csv!)   does not work correctly with UTF8 encoded files. ALL European characters like ÆØÅ æøå are corrupted.   Do I have to specify and encoding argument ?   Thanks //Steen  ...
Good morning, We would like to develop a new window, in which the appearance of the DW or any other control, is as a hierarchy or organization chart. If it could be vertical and only of the query type. Some of you have developed something simila...
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build 1769 Blob size = Len(lblob) We have a window which retrieves multiple reports in one go and then using a single datawindow allows the user to switch between the reports as required. We do this by saving each report into a...
Hi Gurus, We are Doing  Migration project using PowerBuilder 2017r3 and  have Docuware managment system, want to upload file(Base64File Encoding method, it is working fine, thanks to Rolland)  and retrieve/read/open file from "Docuware" consuming "W...
We are in the process of giving our application an updated look.  One of the features in PB 2019 was the RibbonBar but Ultimate Suite has had this for a little while now. Has anyone worked with both of these? What are the pro's and con's between them...
I am in the process of upgrading from PB9 to PB2019R2. I have converted from PFC 8 to PFC 12.5.1 I am trying out a 64-bit deployment with PFC 12.5.1 and the of_splash is not working correctly in the 64-bit deployment.  (Works fine in a 32-bit deplo...
Hi Everyone ,    We have upgraded our Printer from Adobe PDF to Nitro PDF . We ensured the Nitro settings are same as Adobe PDF . But post upgrade PowerBuilder is not able to open the generated PDF and Failing with error as shown in screenshot . ...
Hi,   My PowerBuilder desktop application (developed in 2017 R3) connects with the Sybase database. I am using "SYC" DBMS for connection. Now the situation is I have two different versions of Sybase client installed on my machine i.e. v15.7 and v16...
For quite some time there is an issue with column suppression on grids with auto height columns and auto height rows When reporting with suppressed columns on a grid, the suppressed columns still retain the row height of the visible first value in t...
Dear Community,I work as a software developer for ERGO Direkt AG. I would be very happy to receive a professional assessment of the following situation.We have been developing a surface with the PowerBuilder (Powerscript) technology for our claims an...
What are the features available in power builder trial version?...
Hello there, is there any way to clone a userobject with al it's references.   I have a userobejct (uo_userobject_1) with 2 datastores and many proterties.   If I want to clone this obejct like    uo_userobject_2 = uo_userobject_1   it only ...

There are no discussions available here currently