Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello! guys, i hope that you can to help me. i have a PowerBuilder 2019 application and i'm trying use the SqlCa transaction object outside of the thread principal of the app, these cause inside of the shared object i need to retrieve some data but ...
Hi. In the project I maintain, there is apparently a filed in a data window that is linked with a key to a column in a  different table. I've been struggling to find where this link is defined. The data source is not joining the other table in (as f...
hi there! web api newbie here,i've built a .net datastore model on my web api and created a method to retrieve data and everything working fine.what i wanted to know now is if there is a way to pass the entire sql syntax of the main select of the ds ...
  I am attempting  to move my PB application to Power Server Web. I have completed the process with w simple application easily . However, my more complected 20 year old application is having  an issue. I am seeing a lot of the same message come up:...
Is there a free utility to convert pb 7 objects to ms report builder? Thanks....
Hi Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to have a nested report connected to a different transaction object and if so how to. So the report might be on SQLCA - sales database and the sub / nested report on the SQLCB - personel database  the m...
Hi I want to use a function from the appeon workarounds in my application ( pb web - pb2019 ) - should i copy the workaround files to my application directory and add the pbl to the library list, or should i just add the library to the application w...
Hi there, In my MVC .Net Web API i have this auto-generated GET function in my controller which works fine and return the list of all the elements in my table (SimpleJson.png). [HttpGet][ProducesResponseType(typeof(IEnumerable<Ds_Invit_Sydrtcml&...
Hi, The company I work for develops a program using Powerbuilder & we updated to PB 2019. I use an automated testing app called "TestComplete". I was able to access all of the PB objects within TestComplete by using a keyword "pbdw*" for MSAA. S...
We have the following block of code, which has been working for many years but has recently stopped working. // Instance declarationsn_rpt_callback inv_callbackn_rpt_shared inv_shared ... // Start a separate threadinv_callback = Create n_rpt_callb...
Hello all... I am having issues registering a DLL in my Windows 10 environment. What I've discovered is that the code in the DLL is PB code, but I am not sure from what version. I'm considering just adding all the PBLs to my main app, and changing...
Hi All- After upgrading my infomaker reports from Sybase 12.5 to Appeon 17, all the multi page reports print only 1st page and don't even generate the rest of the pages. The reports are Rich Text Format. All these reports were printing fine with prio...
Hi, I migrated one of my PB12.5 apps to PB2019.  I have a tree-view datawindow with Sort order defined in the design mode.  When I migrated, this datawindow somehow lost the sort columns. So I manually added them back in 2019.  However, when I ru...
Hi, will it be possible to use PB2019 R2 and any release of PB2017 simultaneously on the same machine? First release of PB2019 could not be started while an instance of PB2017 was still running on the same machine, stating that licence was still lo...
Hi, I am adding the concept of confidentiality to a number of items in our app. In datawindow lists, I am attempting to do this by putting a 'Confidential' label, with a white background, over top of the entire row and controlling the visibility of ...
Hello, I assume the file "SampleService.cs" located in "\Programmes\Appeon\SnapDevelop 2019\Tools\Common7\IDE\ScaffoldedItem\Service (DataStore)\Services\Impl" is used during the scaffolding of a datastore model class to auto-generate Service and C...
Power builder desktop application giving runtime error  windows 10  Unhandled exception at 0x10ba6a7d in uitappl.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002a4.   Checked event viewer shows below error . C:\program files (x86)\bnym...
Hello, I am trying to Activate my Trial Licence for PowerServer from my Local AEM. However, when I click the activate button nothing happens. If I click the Activate button several time i see the message: Failed to log in. Please make...
Good Morning I have developed an application for time control and we have users residing in cities with one hour less. The application takes the date with Today () from our server. Do you know how to take the date and time of the mobile?thanks...
Hello!! Does anyone have working examples to ready data coming from an ethernet port? I have tried WinSock, but I can't seem to get it to work. We are on PowerBuilder 17 R3 Build1880.   We currently have a Weigh Scale application that is using S...

There are no discussions available here currently