Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys,   Since PB doens't yet support merging multiple PDFs files into 1 , we need to roll our own solution.   I have created a function , that takes 2 blobs as parms , i read them in a blob and just for testing purposes i write them again in t...
Hi folks,   On one of our client computers the OLE to Excel crashes. While the statement: li_rc = myoleobject.ConnectToNewObject ("Excel.Application") works fine, al later call to open an excel file crashes myoleobject.workbooks.Open (ls_filena...
Is it possible to change dddw child for a column based on other values in the row?...
Hello All: After migration from PB 12.5 Classics to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 we are facing an issue with the images and pictures. All pictures on PictureButtons (assigned via PictureName) are visible in the appropriate objects. They are not visible whe...
Hi, Does anyone know if there is or will be a Powerbuilder support for Azure Cosmos DB? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cosmos-db/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/introduction Regards,Marcin  ...
I have an app that I recently migrated to PB 19. It tested fine after the build. I needed to create a new project file in order to run the deployment. Following deployment and with a new executable the app launches but fails at the login step. I'm ju...
Hi all,Does anyone know if it is possible to save a datawindow or a graphic from Powerbuilder directly into a Powerpoint? I couldn't find a way in Powerbuilder and also no 3rd party tool achieving this requirement. Thanks & regards Angela...
I have migrated an old application into PowerBuilder 2019. On the development machine, it runs fine. On the user machine it is looking for some 12.5 dlls. pbvm125.dll, pbshr125.dll and atl71.dll. When I copied this into the folder, the app still won'...
I just want to confirm my understanding. Suppose I have the following (over-simplified) code: nvo_myobj objobj.StringValue = "foo"w_mywindow.Post wf_do_something("The value is: " + obj.StringValue)DESTROY obj Is that OK, because the function argume...
In a effort to migrate from db2 to sql server i have run into a problem where an embedded sql command 'insert into' into a keyword column is not working in Sql Server but worked in db2. /// //db2 INSERT INTO xxxxx.WS_TEMPLATE                      ...
Hi,    I have to copy files from AWS S3 bucket to local System without using AWS CLI.  I got the information like it is possible in PB 2019 Cloud Edition (C#). Can you please guide me on this.   Thanks & Regards, Subin Subash...
I've run into a situation which seems to have been around for years.  When filtering a dddw in a datawindow that has multiple rows, I lose the display value and get the key value in the non-current rows using the GetChild and SetFilter.  I found some...
Issue: Extremely slow query performance using ADO.NET connection to a SQL Server 2016 database using Appeon PB v2019 b2082. Querying ~700 rows from SQL Server 2016 DB into a grid datawindow which is taking approx 2-3 minutes to complete (from compil...
Hi PB people! Since the docked interface is buggy and will not be supported in the next release, I am trying to implement my own “docked like” interface. I created a visual uo that has buttons for each mdi sheet. Opening the sheets is performed thr...
Hi I expect this is a simple question but i cant find the answer ! I have a datawindow that if i right click i do not get the copy and paste window up ?  Other datawindows in my application do have copy and paste Does anyone know why or how to fi...
With .NetDataStore we can send datawindows from PB and make process with insert/delete/update and some filters, But i still dont know for what it is ModelMaper.. Is there any guide/tutorial/example for ModelMapper? or diferences between this two?...
Hi according to the PB Help when choosing "Key and Updatable Columns" or "Key and Modified Columns" in the "Specify Update Properties" dialog the columns marked as updatable should be included in the where clause (either all or the changed), but... ...
I'm accessing an NVO method that accepts a datawindow as an argument. The NVO uses DESCRIBE to retrieve the select statement. I tried to use a datawindow variable instead of dropping a datawindow control onto the window. However, Describe("datawindow...
Hi there!Here in my company we have a round 50+ different systems.Let's suppose I have to make a change in one of them. If I have the PBL's in my PC = no problem, just connect to TFS and do a GLV... But what if I don't have them? That's what we do to...
This is almost a verbatim repeat of a question asked a year ago for which I didn't see a conclusive answer. I finished testing two migrations with Oracle 9 and am now ready to test the applications with Oracle 18c. My understanding is that PB19 supp...

There are no discussions available here currently