Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
HiI create a Ribbonbar from a xml file. This one contains a menu associated with a Largebutton ("tag = mybutton"). I want to change the text of the 1st menu with the following code: long ll_retRibbonLargeButtonItem lr_buttonll_ret = uo_ribbonbar.Get...
We migrated from PB 12.1 to 2019 (Build 2170). We have external function calls to self written C# DLLs like FUNCTION long VollyballModel(ref str_volley_dll_call marketOdds[] , ref long odds_size, double odd_H, double odd_A,..... All works fine in ...
dear team,   please help me to resolve the issue plz go thru the script   long ll_row  DataWindow ldw_print ldw_print= create DataWindow ldw_print.dataobject = 'dw_test' ll_row = ldw_print.insertrow(0)   this is the script ; ll_row gives m...
hi, i have the latest build of PB (2019.2170) on windows 10.  i'm using MySQL (8.0.19) db and have the aggravating issue of not being able to generate or use the system catalog tables.  i've tried blank, root and the name of the database in the tabl...
Hi I just installed powerbuilder 12.5 and mysql 8 on a Windows 10 machine all installations are working but when training to connect powerbuilder 12.5 to mysql 8 I get this error " Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use" ...
I am using PB 12.5.2 I want to implement Access Control List. ie appliction user or user group has right for CRUD if he has the permission he can able to perform the operation. I created acl, user_permission and group_permission table. CREATE TABLE ...
We have to encrypt two columns on one DB2.  We have set it up as a varbinary with a with of 32 characters. Using an insert statement we added the column not problem; INSERT INTO YCCFSSC5.BANK_ACCOUNT (TX_PRVD_ACCTN_NMBR)      VALUES(ENCRYPT('58672...
I am working on an application that is currently running in PB 12.0. We are wanting to migrate it to PB 2017 R2. The code migration was easy enough, but when I run the application any web service that I call that has values that are of data type "dou...
We converted our pb12.5 app to PB2019 build 2170 in November 2019. We use subversion for source control. Everything was working great, including svn commits, until my network logon password expired and i had to change it a couple of weeks ago. Since ...
Looking to implement Full Text Search capabilities to a Document Management Application I am developing.  Has anyone ever used DTSearch with PowerBuilder?  It looks like this product will accomplish the indexing of the document repository for my appl...
Hello, What is the best method to keep a count of users logged into your application, handling things like the user crashing out and still keeping count etc, then locking people logging in based on that count. Thanks...
dear Appeon: when i  pull up the report data in PBL dw_1, i have an option to Save this data in a file using dw_1.SaveAs(). Then, a pop-up window appears with a drop down list to select the destination file type with numerous choices: CSV, Excel5...
I need help checking for unsaved changes when selecting different tab in tabpage....
Hi I need some help, please.   I have a dw object with a column called 'Comments' where user can put in notes up to 2000 characters. When I build this free-form dw object, the 'Comments' column shows up as a long, one-line field.   I would like...
Hello,  I'm doing a project that retrieves data from the Betfair website, through the ESA API: https://docs.developer.betfair.com/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/Exchange+Stream+API In this link above there is an example in C #, I downloaded, ada...
Hi i am looking for some advice, i need to use a terminal server to run an appeon web application, i have users that are on macs and it seems to me to be the only way i can do this. Would you recommend setting up the users to use IWA or say Chrome ...
This code to print the active sheet prints a blank sheet in PB2019.  I think it has been in my app since PB3. long l_Jobwindow lw_Sheet SetPointer(HourGlass!) /* Print active sheet */ lw_Sheet = w_mdi_frame.GetActiveSheet () if IsValid (lw_Sheet) ...
We have an application that was originally developed in PowerBuilder 6. It was migrated along up to 12.5.2. We have now migrated it to PowerBuilder 2019. We are having an issue when using PSLib5.dll. This dll is dated 1996. Does anyone know if there ...
Hi all.... I was browsing the bugs of PB19 R2 and I noticed an Oracle related bug, that never occurred in my tests. I am talking about the Bug 4214. We use PB + Oracle since 1996 and what we always do is to change the NLS_LANG parameters in Registr...
Hi, I'm trying to install a PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Runtime (PB64RT170.msi) on a server which has Windows Server 2012 R2 as OS. I do this as an administrator. The installation does not succeed. It ends with the following message: “Appeon PowerBuilder ...

There are no discussions available here currently